Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about this DG v.2?

Greetings fellow ACers!

In the light of the recent events I, and several other people feel less willing to enter this C4DG, therefore I am asking you to express your own readiness to do so.

Think well before vote.

You have a lot of time - 5 days.
    Im ready to ride! (5)
    15.38%
    I am expecting it, but not drooling (4)
    30.77%
    I am indifferent (3)
    15.38%
    I guess I'd be a good lurker (2)
    7.69%
    I am holding my mouse over 'leave' link (1)
    30.77%
    Abananastain (the wrong option) (0)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

-- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

The number in brackets is your readiness/eagerness/interest in a [0 - 5] scale.

Banana get's 0, because if you tick it, means you don't even care what's happening here.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I'm ready. Although after reading that thread a conquest victory might be more satisfying than building the spaceship.

That said, I'm new here and I don't know how things work during gameplay, I'd have thought once the game starts rule squabbles mostly stop. If that's not the case I'd be down near 1.

Comment

Good that you're so encouraged.
        Regarding squabbles (about anything), it seems Civ3 ers (90% of those people, whom we are playing with) are famous for feuds over more or less important things.
        But let's see what happens with this and any other features that might arise just before start.

Comment

I'm on the downside of this poll. Partly for upcoming timerestraints, partly of unnecessary restriction(s) in the demogame coming up.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I am holding my mouse over 'leave' link (1)

I'll give it a while longer though. But I really am getting to the point where I no longer care about this game.
            Play hangman.

Comment

I am indifferent.

Let's start a single player ACDG with SMAniaC instead!
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

The person, who's ready to ride - why don't explain reasoning?

Comment

My choice is commander Riker as well.
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Who's commander Riker?

Comment

number one
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Bah, you should have said *that* riker.

It's been so long since I last saw him..

Comment

Wow, Illu, did you ever think of GMing a mafia game? Clues like that would be good!
                          Play hangman.

Comment

Having been quite excited when Civ4 first came out (and got the ball rolling to get a SMAC team formed), I have to admit that I haven't fired up the game since Christmas

It just doesn't do anything for me (I still play the old Civ2 from time to time - a much more satisfying game IMHO - and, of course, lots of smac/x)

I thought that participating in a Civ4 demo game might fuel some interest on my part, so was awaiting the start, but the bickering about rules, etc is a huge turn off

(And early on when the game was being set up, I got a couple of PM's from Civ3 demo players warning about some of the faction squabbles that occurred in that game regading what's allowed or prohibited - to the extent that some players just quit in disgust)

So I really have little interets in continuing, but I'll prolly lurk to learn, if a game does get off the ground (altho I voted the "leave" option)

I'm much more interested in participating in another smac demogame - and would welcome the smaniac modpack for an SP game

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
                              Wow, Illu, did you ever think of GMing a mafia game? Clues like that would be good!
                              Hmmm, I shall consider this. Remind me again when current Mafia is over.

Comment

Working...
                              X