X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day of the Robot is here

Malfunctioning robots pose danger

James Zvinavashe.

Local authorities in almost every city and town that have robots on their streets have to repair them at some point.

There is no need for the councils to wait for people to lose their lives so that they start repairing these Robots.

As recent as last year, at the intersection of Willowvale and High Glen roads, there was a fatal accident which killed nearly 10 people.

The accident was a result of the non-functioning Robots at the intersection that had taken almost a year before being repaired. The same robots have still not been repaired and I assume the people responsible are waiting for yet another nasty crash to take place.

Is it fair to take action only when there has been loss of life? Life is precious and has to be saved at all costs.

The other issue is that of Mbare commuter omnibus operators who have once again invaded the city centre, particularly along Speke Avenue and Cameron Street.

Operation Murambatsvina has greatly improved the City Centre’s outlook, but it now seems that both the Zimbabwe Republic Police (Traffic Section) and the Harare Municipal Police have taken a nap or have chosen to watch as the benefits of the operation are being eroded.

Are they waiting for yet another operation to remove these people?

This story came from the Zimbabwe Herald, in case you were wondering, a Robot is a traffic light
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

He-he. I hope they get it fixed.

"there was a fatal accident which killed nearly 10 people."

There still retrieving the bodies? The reporter can't count? Didn't bother to check? One or more victims were alien humanoids?

Comment

I haven't worked in like... a car factory, but I know they have robotics.
      I HAVE worked arount surface mount circuit bords. Damned interesting to watch.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maybe, when the Chinese modernize, there will be a Year of the Robot.

I wonder what other modern years there will be? saka:
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
        X