Barbarian irregularities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian irregularities

Continuing to fine tune, test, and document Pax California, and came across some barbarian issues.

1) ships appear even though mobile warfare is acquired by some civs.

note: the civs were given the tech via cheat menu when setting up scenario. maybe this is why it doesnt register?

2) supposedly, gunpowder is needed for industrialization-activated barbarian rebels to appear. However, I have gunpowder taken out of the tech tree, and the unit in the musketeer slot shows up nontheless.

Fortunately these are not huge issues, I've figured out ways to adjust the game, in ways that make it even more challenging.

Reference:
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

I've had similar issues in Warlords of China. Removal of techs that are supposedly triggers for new types of pirates does not stop them from appearing. William Keenan's tip on the Cradle site seems incomplete.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Re: Barbarian irregularities

Originally posted by Smiley
      supposedly, gunpowder is needed for industrialization-activated barbarian rebels to appear. However, I have gunpowder taken out of the tech tree, and the unit in the musketeer slot shows up nontheless.
      Wow. Is there a certain point when the musketeers appear?- maybe they are linked to something else, like another tech. For instance, I had read that the Modern-era cities are activated with two techs. Maybe gunpowder's the same? Another possibility: removing the tech sabotages the normal pattern outlined in the Barb paper, and so the game resorts to throwing the Musketeers in at the begining- assuming that's what's happening.

The Barbarian paper suggests a possible way to get around this issue: "[I]f Gunpowder is discovered prior to Iron Working then huts will continue to produce Archers until Iron Working is discovered at which time Musketeers will be produced skipping Legions altogether."
      My Cepha scenario
      The Solar Revolution
      Soon-to-be-updated collection of Civ2 artists' signatures. If you know one that's not listed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Comment

Working...
      X