Diplogaming Has Found Its New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplogaming Has Found Its New Home

The Diplogame civgroup has been transfered from the Civ2-MP forum to the Civ4-MP forum. Coinciding with the start of HOTWV I think the timing is perfect. Diplogaming has finally come into its own on the new platform. If you are interested in Diplogames, please join the group.

Also, please thank MarkG here:

(thanking would also show that there are more of us diplogamers than just me, heh)
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

btw, I updated the diplofaq to add end dates to the last few games and to add HOTWV to the list.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Great to hear about this!

And again, sorry for the no-show, I'll talk to you in private but I had a great reason behind it.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Signed up immediately!
        Thanks a lot for requesting this Ozzy!
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Cool thanks Cyber. The rest of y'all should sign up for the diplogaming group as well.

Comment

I joined as well. we got 29 members now! imagine that diplogame
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Its great to see this going so well, especially when a lot of us were greatly demoralized after the failures of the first two attempts.

I like the new people we've had so far, and while the number of active Diplogamers may not be 29 (as LzPrst pointed out) there has still been around eight or so players added.

The only disappointing thing though is the loss of certain interested players like FlyBoy who couldn't make HOTW V and decided to disappear, I understand it sucks not being able to play but if we keep playing the same game with the same people we aren't going to expand at all.

All of our energies should be dedicated to HOTW V right now, but when we are finished we should focus on getting a solid list of players together and set up a couple of diplogames, maybe even smaller ones (5 to 6 players) so we can expand the genre. The more games we play the more players we bring into the fold, and the more players we bring into the fold the more games we can play. That should be our strategy.

Again, I know I've said this time and time again, but it is outstanding that we've made it this far after the constant failures and arguments. All of you guys are great and the stories I've seen in the thread, while there may not be much going on, have been very well written. So I am looking forward to seeing the diplomacy unfold. I urge anyone who plays MP games with others who may be interested in diplogames to try and bring these people into our group. Perhaps we can let them sub a session or two and write their own posts in the story-thread to get them familiarized with the style. Remember, this is the FIRST of MANY games to come, so have fun with it and expirament a little bit. Play the "Hitler" or "Osama" (or "Bush" for that matter), mix it up a little bit and you'll see the potential this genre has.
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I second all that.

We're off to a great start, I'm blown away by everyone's stories so far. I don't want to jinx it, but if people keep up this intensity throughout the rest of the game HOTWV will rival HOTW2 easily, and that's saying something.

I'm quite excited about all the new players who are really taking to diplogames. For a while it had seemed like we were a dying breed. Diplogames had definitely gone into a lull in the past few years. But we are witnessing a great rebirth so far. Lets hope it keeps going, so I echo Capo, invite people in. Get them to volunteer to be subs. And maybe they'll get interested in starting their own game.

Also past diplogames actually became quite popular with many non-players following along in the forums and readin the story thread. Having an audience would greatly increase the popularity of this genre. So promote that too!

Thanks again everyone! See ya Friday.

Comment

Working...
                X