AI behaviour in scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI behaviour in scenarios

I am playing one of my own scenarios again, Blood & Steel II a.k.a. Juggernaut and I want this to share with you.

I am now at the start of turn #8 and it looks like this: The map covers the northern hemisphere from India to Hawaii with playable civs everywhere (the US, Mexico, the British Empire, the German Empire, my brave New Romans and the Soviets; in between is the minor German allies civ). The map is stackable with the exception of mountain ranges - which is commonly believed to make the AI less aggressive.

And now, at the start of turn #8, my civ, is at war with the minor German allies civ, the German Empire & the Soviets. The German Empire is at war with me & the British Empire & the Soviets. The British Empire is at war with the United States, the German Empire & its minor allies. The United States is at war with the British & the Mexicans.

If that were not enough, all civs - even the German minor allies (i.e. the filler civ) is at war and conducts attacks whereever it finds anyone. The Mexicans advance into Texas & New Mexico while the US Navy raids the coasts further south. Naval battles and engagements take place in the Med, off the Portuguese coast & the Guld of Mexico.

So much for the bugger AI, eh?

steph,

i really don't know who coded the AI behaviour for the civ2 engine, but the AI lacks of that, enough "artificial intelligence" .
    i read somewhere that the AI was *originally* programmed to work on map ranges of NO MORE THAN 10000 tiles (75*120 map size or any other size that do not overpass the 10000 tiles). that's the reason you only can build maps of that size in the mapeditor or when you start a new civ2game. there is a relationship between the number of tiles and how the AI should/must work on them. currently we build gigamaps, that allow you to create surfaces up to 32000 tiles!!!!. so as you imagine the AI is trying to "understand" something that is over the default limit.
    i think, that if you want to build scens in SP you should use no more than 10000 tiles. if you want them for MP, then there is no problem for obvious reasons!!!

Good Luck.

Comment

This is a scenario designed for MP - on a map that is about as big as possible. And, funny enough, the AI is battling itself the best it can - including myself sitting in that mess.

I was quite amazed when I saw the Germans conducting amphibious operations in Algeria (mind that their closest city would be either Munich resp. Athens) while the Yankees really used their naval forces in the Caribbean.

It might be that I set the diplomatic stances for the various civs to the negative maximum - but that would not explain this AI behaviour ...

Comment

Question; if I make a WW2 scenario giving each civilization the fundamentalist government (calling it 'Wartime Cabinet'), and then give certain units 'free support for fundamentalist' (like Spitfires for the UK, Panzers for Germans, Red Guard for Soviet, etc) - Does the AI build Focus on these units as a result of the government it is given?
        "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
        -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

That is interesting. Why don't you test it?
          Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Originally posted by Willhelm II
            Question; if I make a WW2 scenario giving each civilization the fundamentalist government (calling it 'Wartime Cabinet'), and then give certain units 'free support for fundamentalist' (like Spitfires for the UK, Panzers for Germans, Red Guard for Soviet, etc) - Does the AI build Focus on these units as a result of the government it is given?
            I myself haven't experienced this, but I had read somewhere that you can apply the "free fundy support" flag to only *one* unit, the one in the fanatic's slot.
            My Cepha scenario
            The Solar Revolution
            Soon-to-be-updated collection of Civ2 artists' signatures. If you know one that's not listed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timor_Leste

I myself haven't experienced this, but I had read somewhere that you can apply the "free fundy support" flag to only *one* unit, the one in the fanatic's slot.
              I'm pretty sure the free fundy support flag can be applied to any number of units, but only the fanatic unit slot can the government fundamentalism exclusivley build.
              "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
              -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

That's right.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                X