X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- game sometimes crashes when loading a save game
    - after loading succesfully, your ships sometimes won't move
    - the influence zone (diminishes) changes upon reloading a game
    - the manufacturing graph falls to zero for all civs every time a game has been loaded - not sure whether there was a real effect as well (that there's no manufacturing in the turn after you've loaded a game)
    - I managed to order a starbase to explore by (accidently) hitting the hotkey
    - at one occassion, finished ships didn't show up in the starport. I build three constructors like that, until they suddenly did show up, but at a certain distance from the planet they were build. They appeared to have been travelling to a certain point on the map, since they were at a certain distance from each other, all pointing to the same direction. When I checked however, they had no autoship orders. Very, very bizarre.
    - Not a bug, but could there PLEASE be a notification when two civilizations start a war. This is a rather important event IMHO.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I think the starport bug happens when you obsolete a ship the starport is building. In other words, for the time being switch all your starports before obsoleting a ship.

That's really cool with the auto exploring starport.
      Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Can't be, because I was building constructors. They never get obsolete. (And it doesn't explain why they showed up elsewhere, apparently on a ghostly journey to nowhereland, either)

Yeah, and I couldn't give the starbase any other orders, nor cancel. So it just kept on "exploring" until all the area on the map was known.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

maybe it's because of a rally point that went buggy, Colon?

Comment

This happened when I was being a bit impatient and clicked on the foreign relations screen while the AI's turn was still in process. It disappared after minimizing the game and returning to full screen though.

Comment

*kuch*
              Attached Files

Comment

My game is crashing to desktop. The year is 2233 and I just started to research Impulse 3
                Last edited by Joseph; May 19, 2006, 23:49.

Comment

Here's one I haven't seen posted here yet. Maybe I'll go to their website to try and figure it out...

Just to note, this did this with me only putting disk 1 in. It woould not autorun (it would do this). I didn't delete the short cut or anything. I did, however, "explore" the CD and sucsessfully ran the install.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Stupid spyware. Got that cleaned up but the game still won't run on my destop. Screw it. It works fine on my laptop. Never mind my problem.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Hi,

i have bought the german version of GalCiv2 yesterday, and some things are strange or annoying me:

-The intro starts without music or sounds (not bad, but strange)

-The landtiles on the planetary surface can change, when i load a game (for example, a ocean square shows in the right corner as ocean; when i save and load there is
                      a desert,jungle,wasteland... picture in the right corner, but
                      its an ocean square; all Mars squares are ocean, jungle or wasteland; no picture for desert or sth.;thats annoying and destroy the game feeling)

-I researched the spaceweapon technology and KI generates the first prototype, the defender. But this ship has the adamantium armor and the railgun too, without costs of space. When i delete the ship and build my own, the railgun and adamantium armor is no longer available; because i dont researched the technology so far! I thought, this was a graphic bug, but in battle the ship fires with the railgun too! Its a crazy bug

Ive played the game several hours, but under this circumstances, this makes me angry about those poor bugs spent no more time in this game. The game has been fixed to version 1.2 and i have the latest driver for my graphic card. Are these only bugs in the german version, or are these problems in any language game versions?

(Sorry, but my english isnt very good, but there are no more german fanpages about GalCiv2)
                      Last edited by Bjo; June 25, 2006, 10:47.

Comment

This still isn't fixed with 1.3b (I don't know why, isn't there anyone but me who notices it?):
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian
                          Does the (Evil Alignment Only) "Mind Control Center" wonder actually work?

According to the description, I expected planets to start flipping to me en masse, as I had several with the "rebellion" marker on them. Instead, since I built the thing, NOT ONE FLIP ANYWHERE. It's as if the effect is opposite of what it claims, harming flip chances or even halting all flips.

- Sirian
                          Still not fixed in v1.5 Dark Avatar.
                          money sqrt evil;
                          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
                          X