This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEATURE REQ:

It seems impossible to upgrade stacked ships. Moving them apart just to upgrade seems silly...

Comment

Yes, the UI for handling stacks of ships/fleets seems to be immensely annoying. I do know that double-clicking on a stack brings up a window that lets you manage stuff for the top ship, I haven't messed with that window too much but I think it is important in handling stacks of ships.

I have a separate question, is there anyway to change the direction a ship is launched from a planet? It always seems to launch into the same square, even if I want it to launch on the opposite side...

Comment

BUG: If you build more than seven ships on the same turn, you won't get news items for them all (and will have a hard time tracking them down if you want to launch them from orbit.)

FEATURE REQ: Can we put the planetary governors through high school please? It's a no-brainer if you have three factories, one of them on a Production Bonus, to upgrade the bonus-enhanced one first, but invariably the governor seems to choose to upgrade others first. (Although I do admit that the AIs do a fairly good job of making use of special sqaures.)

BUG: One of the Torian Tiny ship hulls seems to have some buggy attach points on or near the tail fin. I had a crash last night (logged to MS) trying to make a Tiny ship. Trying to attach stuff there, it "disappears" or fails to attach or something, and I've had to Clear the design and start over and not use attach points in that part of the hull.

- Sirian

Comment

A-LEVEL BUG: If planetary improvements are placed, but you get an upgrade tech BEFORE construction has started on the building, you only pay the upgrade cost (or some other figure less than the intended cost). The base cost is handed out to you for free. (Not sure if this is a 100%-of-the-time problem or not, but it happens a lot.)

I caught a screenshot of it. (It affects all costs: construction, rushbuy, etc).

This is particularly devastating to the opening gameplay because the human can get a huge free ride -- by accident -- and off-the-charts-broken if maximally exploited.

(This is why Soren puts up with me. You knew there had to be a reason, right?)

- Sirian

Comment

Nice find. That one needs to be dealt with ASAP.

Seriously, does anyone know how to launch ships in another direction than the default one? Or is this WAD?

Comment

BUG: The "seven news items" also applies to combat. I killed ten things in a one-turn war vs a Minor civ and the next turn's news only showed seven of them. Worse, the extra items "bled over" to the next turn's news list and pushed some of THAT turn's items forward, causing another instance of completed ships with no news links to launching them. ... Arrgh.

GRAPHICAL ANNOYANCE: I like the new game's upgraded graphics and polish. I really do. However, this is a quintesessantial case of eye candy getting in the way of the gameplay! THE BACKGROUND ART confuses the currently selected ship's nearby "fog of war". What is Unexplored Fog vs what is Explored-but-not-currently-Visible Fog? I can't tell. Can you tell? Nobody can tell! THE BACKGROUND ART IS ALMOST THE SAME !@#$!@ color as the fog!

This is one of those "smack the forehead" moments. I kept wondering why in the heck can I not tell whether or not a certain plot is fogged or not. Then I noticed that I could tell if I moved the map view so that the current ship is not centered. (Moving it away from the background art.)

The yellow arrow points to one of my ships, the green to another. CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE? The background art makes it so that the centered ship is blurred. Can you tell the status of the plots in the areas pointed to by pink arrows? I can't tell. Can anybody tell? Do you have some kind of Xray vision or something?

Wait, it gets worse. My workaround of moving the current ship away from the center of the map? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH!!! The !@#$! map view RECENTERS THE CURRENT SHIP EVERY TIME IT MOVES.

Somebody please stop the insanity. Thank you.

- Sirian

Comment

BUG: After buying a ship and pressing turn, i dont get the ship but after another turn....

BUG: Game sometimes crashes in the middle of autosave...

Comment

Wait, it gets worse. My workaround of moving the current ship away from the center of the map? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH!!! The !@#$! map view RECENTERS THE CURRENT SHIP EVERY TIME IT MOVES.
                  Hmmm, I've never seen this. I always click the find button to recenter the map on the next available ship with moves left. It's never automatically recenterd on me.

BUT, there is an option in the options to "snap back to grid" after rotating your view so perhaps you have that turned on? Turn that off and all will be better, I promise. Or perhaps that's not what your talking about?

Comment

BUG: After buying a ship and pressing turn, i dont get the ship but after another turn....
                    That's another one I've never seen and I've purchased a lot of ships. If I buy a ship it's ready to launch the very next turn.

As for the crash during save, do you have the patch from last Friday? I think it addressed that issue (which not many people had but a few did).

Comment

Originally posted by bonscott

That's another one I've never seen and I've purchased a lot of ships. If I buy a ship it's ready to launch the very next turn.

As for the crash during save, do you have the patch from last Friday? I think it addressed that issue (which not many people had but a few did).
                      1. Definately. Happend today.
                      To clarify:
                      I have a savegame with the date 15-Mar-2225.
                      I load it, move my ships and buy the constructor.
                      Press TURN.
                      The date DOES NOT change.
                      I do get new movement point for my ships, and move them.
                      The Construction box still shown 0 turns.
                      Press TURN again.
                      NOW the date turns to 22-mar-2225.
                      ...and I get my ship...
                      2. I have the patch, and my last exit from GC2 was due to that crash...
                      Last edited by Daz; March 2, 2006, 10:26.

Comment

Odd, I've never had either of those problems. I have had issues with scrolling though,

1. Scrolling down towards the bottom of the screen is problematic, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. A minor annoyance.

2. Every once in a while the game gets stuck scrolling up towards the top of the screen. A larger annoyance, as it is difficult to make it stop. Ending turn or entering the shipyard or other major action seems to make it stop.

Also, not sure if it is bug or WAD but I am still annoyed about not being able to control the square my ships move into after being launched from a planet. However, I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so either there is something I don't know or it is part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansolo88
                          Also, not sure if it is bug or WAD but I am still annoyed about not being able to control the square my ships move into after being launched from a planet. However, I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so either there is something I don't know or it is part of the game.
                          It's always been that way and was back in GalCiv 1. The ships have to launch somewhere and it's always the same square (lower right of the planet I believe). Just the way it is and frankly it's KISS* here. Why add to complication of configuring every single starport of which direction to launch ships. Doesn't really matter which direction anyway.

* KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid theory of not adding complication when it's not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz

1. Definately. Happend today.
                            2. I have the patch, and my last exit from GC2 was due to that crash...
                            1. So you are saying that you purchase a ship. Once the turn is over and the next turn starts, if you go to the planet you purchased it from it's not listed there as being able to launch? Honestly I've never seen that reports on the GalCiv2 forums at all. I'd suggest you post it over there and see if others have seen it as well. You'll get 10 replies in an hour there.

2. There is an update due out today that is tweaking the GPU so that it doesn't run so hot which they say in testing has solved most people's CTD problems. They made it available to some who contacted them to test it. Again, post over there and you'll get great support and feedback.

Comment

BUG/Bad feature:

The algorythm for calculating best movement path is bad. Look at what it did to my ship.

You can see the 3 yellow arrows indicating actual movements. The ship should have landed on the anomaly instead...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bonscott

It's always been that way and was back in GalCiv 1. The ships have to launch somewhere and it's always the same square (lower right of the planet I believe). Just the way it is and frankly it's KISS* here. Why add to complication of configuring every single starport of which direction to launch ships. Doesn't really matter which direction anyway.

* KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid theory of not adding complication when it's not needed.
                                Thanks bonscott. Just so long as I know I'm not missing out on the ability to choose, I really don't care that much. One less thing to worry about, as you said.

Though, if it was possible to give movement orders to orbital ships it would be nice if they launched in the direction closest to their destination.

Comment

Working...
                                X