Any News On AOM 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any News On AOM 3?

I'm still enjoying AOM 2 immensely (along with some of the Paradox games - HOI2 1.3, and waiting 13 days more for Victoria 1.4).

Anyway, always interested. You have done excellent work and I wish CTP2 had come out of the box with some of the capabilities AOM and other mods have provided. I think it would have been hailed as a classic.
    Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

did you check the AoM homepage? BTW wasn't the AoM forums supposed to be imported to apolyton?

Comment

Yep

I can't seem to get the AOM website any more.

Comment

Strange, the sites works for me.
        The Ages of Man:http://www.theagesofman.net/
        The Ages of Man forum:http://www.interwebgames.com.au/aomforum/

As for AOM3, stankarp said in the AOM forums:
        I have completed 2 tests of AOM III to turn 200+. Now doing some minor checking and correcting. I ended up putting in a lot of new stuff for AOM III and there are a few minor errors.

The most significant things to report are:
        Surrender code now appears to be 100% reliable.
        I created a situation where Human aggression led my ally the Dutch to cancel their peace treaty, then DECLARE WAR ON ME.
        The second point is a huuuuge improvement to the diplomacy mix now.

I have a code that stops ai attacking each other if human aggression exceds the 3rd level. I will also use that code to stop ai who have agreed to a ceasefire from attacking each other again for a few turns. This is still a problem.

I now have the playtest files and utilities as well and will be testing with the playtest to see if it is stable.
        The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
        - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

o yea i remember the AoM 2 Ai who has treaties with coming out of no where and attacking you... it would really help that they actually declare war when they change face

Comment

Thanks, All

Now I can get the AOM page. Don't know why I couldn't access it from the top of the AOM file earlier....

Comment

Stan uploaded AOM III yesterday, link at the AOM home page.

I understand that Stan has tried to have his forum moved to Apolyton several times since January but the relevent Apolytoner will not respond so the process is in limbo.

"yea i remember the AoM 2 Ai who has treaties with coming out of no where and attacking you... it "

Since the diplomacy update (8 months ago) AI units with withdraw or military treaties with you are exempt from Frenzy orders. As far as declaring war goes, when I played Civ 4 a couple of times, the AI declared war then attacked me on the same turns (because of the small scale of the game, they did not have to move far). So a declaration of war in the same turn it attacks is a bit pointless IMHO.

The AOM strategy guide also tells you to carry a big stick and match force with force. I scout my borders or have watch towers and border forts checking on things. if the AI made a move on me, I put a big stack on a hill or a fortification in front of them and 95% of the time they backed off. Passive personality types rarely, if ever broke peace treaties. But aggressive ones do which you are warned about in the manual. So I don't see any problem.

From a historical point of view, Pop Urban II did not send a declaration of war to the Saracens when he started the Crusades. Neither did Attila to the Romans or Genghis to the 4 different main nations he attacked. In recent times, Japan launched 4 wars of aggression in the 20 th Century without a declaration of war. In AOM if a enemy stack enters your territory it obviously is there to attack you unless it is a passive personality type that has a peace treaty with you.

I tested AOM III for Stan up to turn 600 plus. Have to say that the first 500 turns is the most challenging and interesting game i can recall ever playing. After that, rather than just build a blob and squash the world ala Civ 4, I had to construct my way to a victory.
              Proud to be a AOM Warrior

Comment

I understand that Stan has tried to have his forum moved to Apolyton several times since January but the relevent Apolytoner will not respond so the process is in limbo.
                Yes unfortunately this is the case. The AOM web site is now hosted by Apolyton (since January). But I have had no response to 6 approaches since January to move the forum.

Comment

Working...
                X