Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE***the first phase of the EC3 List is complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE***the first phase of the EC3 List is complete!

now we move on to final discussion and working up final drafts

korn469

Now that the first stage is over, it is time to get the final drafts in and do the nominating...

As for the final drafts, i have been thinking, and here is my two thoughts...

1. We extend the deadline to 11:59 Tuesday 7 2000, it seems that many threads have not been discussed and that only a few threads are ready to post in final draft form

2. Change the word limit to a suggested 300 words...if it takes more than that to fully explain a concept then so be it...however i am sure that it won't take 30,000 or even 3000 words to explain any of the ideas posted here...however i don't want to lose much of the sublte nuances of many of the ideas

Also

i will get an email list up for everyone who posted an idea and will mail them a reminder of whats going on

and i just want to thank everyone who has participated so far! it been great guys...i would especially like to thank my co-conspiritor in this raingoon, and i would like to thank mark and dan for having such a great site!

korn469

(theben the EC3 will be finished soon and you can have your peaceful thread back...at least we have stopped with the thread posting though )
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by korn469 (edited March 02, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Well, I'm really interested to see the result. And don't worry about all the threads--the forum needed a good kicking.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Korn469 -- good call on next Tuesday. Maybe it's time for Mark to post a reminder on the main page?

Comment

OK,
          I will need a kick in the butt to make it.

(I only have Internet at work anymore, so you demand worktime of me. Thank's boys )

I'll try to write something over the weekend.

Korn: Nice job

Comment

Korn469, the way my Energy thread is shaping up I feel I'd better recuse myself from the vote tallying process. There is at least a possibility that Energy or my nomination for the News Ticker could be in the top 10 and I wouldn't want my co-manager status to tarnish all the effort. So if you don't mind handling it, I'd feel better if I stepped back at this point. Not that I don't remain, your devoted servant in Civ,

raingoon

Comment

raingoon,

not a problem

korn469

Comment

So... when we write these drafts, we put them in our threads...
                "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Pythagoras

yeap the final draft goes your thread, and we will post it to the nominating thread exactly as it is written. final drafts are due 11:59 wednesday March 8, 2000...your form is fine, now work any details that need to be worked out with Imran and DaveV and everything is good to go...

korn469

Comment

Anybody, I need some comments here: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000307.html

I completely forgot about that ec3 thing and now that I found something in my mailbox telling me to hand in a result by wednesday I am quite in a hurry.

I am sorry I forgot. Now, if anyone is willing to do some comments in the above thread.

ATa

Comment

Where should final drafts be submitted? In each idea thread, or by email, or what?

Comment

in the disucssion thread for your idea
                        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by korn469 (edited March 06, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Well, there isn't a "my idea" thread because someone else started a thread for "my idea" before I did. Why not include both our final drafts for the vote? The only reason the other person has "ownership" of "my idea" is because they managed to post before I did, and I followed the guidelines and didn't post a duplicate idea.

Comment

work together and make a single final draft that is an amalgum of both of your ideas...that is why you have to wednesday to discuss and compromise
                            and reach a consensus

korn469

Comment

Final drafts are due by 11:59 March 8, right?

What time zone?

Is that 11:59 one minute before noon or 11:59 one minute before midnight?

Comment

Working...
                              X