Lakes Map Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakes Map Question

I have been playing Civilization obsessively since Civ2.

Civ3 is still my favorite; but I am still trying to see why so many are so pleased with Civ4.

I have now been wrestling with the new interface for Civ4 for about three months and have many confusions. But I will limit myself to one issue for this thread.

I am intrigued by the Lakes Map as it is presented in the graphic earth on the Lakes "Select a Map" page. That graphic seems to represent an earth with 55% lakes/45%land, more or less.

My adjustments don't bring me close to that. The most water I have been able to construct so far is maybe 15% Lake/85%Land.--Temperate Climate, high sea level, huge map. I may not even have 15% lake because this is much more what you'd expect for a "Great Plains" or "Oasis" Map except that mine has jungle.

Have I found a bug/? Am I missing an adjustment?

Does any body know how to generate a Lakes map that looks similar (50% water) to the graphic presented by the game on the "Select a Map" page?

My best is 10% water.

Comment

Lakes maps aren't intended to have more than 15% water. The graphic is a bit misleading. Sorry about that.

For a map with about 50% water, play Ice Age on Low SeaLevel.

What you are asking for is possible, but may not be what you want. What you seem to want should also be possible. Either way, you have to work with the map scripts. Check the mods/maps forums for more info.

- Sirian

Comment

Working...
      X