cultural control factors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cultural control factors

Can anybody help me understand what all comes into play when the game decides what civ will control a tile in a 'cultural' battle?

Obviously, the amount of culture generated by the nearest city is important, but tiles can shift ownership in between 'boundary expansions'. So it's not a step function.

Is it influenced by other things as well?

Like the make-up of the citizens in a citizen (i.e. if you're the Greeks, that recently taken American city which is still 95% American isn't going to compete well against the still American controlled city nearby).

Does population affect it? Does a 14 pop city with 10,000 culture exert more pressure than a 4 pop city with the city same culture?

Does terrain have any impact? Exerting culture across a river/mountain/jungle more difficult than across grasslands/desert/plains?

The issue is that I've seen some very, very strange cultural formations, and don't really know how to sway them into my favor. Currently, I just focus on building more culture in the city. But perhaps I should also work at increasing population, or something else. Also, it would be nice to have some idea before I take a city, as to what the cultural boundaries might be like afterwards.

I've also been confused, in that, when a city becomes under seige via a cultural expansion, you can check the population percentages of that city using a spy, and it will start giving a "revolt" probability once the percentage of your own people goes above about 60%. What are the factors in the revolt percentage, and does having military units nearby increase it? I've also had cities turn over to me that were displaying no "revolt" percentage whatsoever for many turns.

Comment

Working...
    X