No announcement yet.

Worst score but greatest civilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst score but greatest civilization?

This is an example of that box that pops up once in a while (why I don't really know?)

"At 1680 Gibbon finished his greatest work etc etc..."

Greatest civs in my game according to this box was:
    1-Huayna Capac
    2-Genghis Khan - me
    3-Hatshepsut

only thing is that the current score reads like this:

Huayna Capac 1317
    Genghis Khan 2107
    Hatshepsut 2019

So how can Huayna be the greatest. Should not the score ranking reflect the greatness ranking in peacetime. There has been peace allthrough the game apart from when I kicked Huayna back a bit to take one of his cities and box him in at the bottom of the map.

???

/p
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Are you sure it said "Greatest"? Usually, those pop-ups say something more specific, like Most Advanced, Wealthiest or Most Powerful, which translate into farthest ahead in tech, most gold on hand, and something else I'm a little wary of speculating on, respectively. I suspect Most Powerful is heavily, but not entirely, based on military size and might. Previous versions have used a combination of military might, wonders, land, resources, etc. to judge power.

In the event it did say greatest, the obvious answer is that it's using different criteria to calculate greatness and score. Somebody will probably be able to tell you what factors go into the game score.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Sol are you sure that wealthiest refers to most gold on hand? Or does it refer to how much commerce is generated every turn?

Thanks
      Jerh9e1k5

Comment

The offical score involes population and territory, but it appears to me that cost of your techs completely reserached is the bigest factor. (No credit for being one turn away from completing a tech)

Wealthist does appear to be most gold on hand, quite easy for a backwards civ to do.

Power weighs heavilly towards number of units, another thing a backwards civ could be doing.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Wealthiest is definitely based upon size of the treasury. I am almost positive that "most powerful" is a military ranking; I think that popup is referring to the rankings of the military of the top 8 civs. I am not sure of the criteria used for the ranking, but I suspect its simply the sum total of the strength of every military unit the civ owns, modified by experience.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerh9e1k5
            Sol are you sure that wealthiest refers to most gold on hand? Or does it refer to how much commerce is generated every turn?

Thanks
            Jerh9e1k5
            No, as with most aspects of CIV, I'm not 100% sure yet, but gold per turn is so heavily dependent on how high you're running science and culture, that a single-turn snapshot of it would be pretty well useless. Gold on hand doesn't provide a whole lot more useful information, but enough so for me to feel pretty confident, even before the other responses, that it's the basis for "wealthiest."
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Your potential gold income at some fixed tax rate would be the most reasonable measure I think.

Comment

How much does power consider the # of units vs. the strength of units?

If I want to keep a strong power to deter AI's from attacking, but I don't want to waste the money right now to upgrade old units, do all those old archers and axemen increase my power and thus deter AI attacks enough to be worth the maintence costs?

Comment

I can't say for sure, but I suspect it's simple addition. An archer has a strength of 3. A musketman has a strength of 9. I think the game probably just adds (number of archers) times (strength of archers) for each of your units, and the total is your military power score. So, I expect it treats 3 archers as equal in score to one musketman.
                  Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Who cares who's 'the wealthiest' at some (random?) point in the game? It's about winning, isn't it?
                    That's right, a slaver!

Comment

i think he means largest empire and that refers to most pop
                      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
                        i think he means largest empire and that refers to most pop
                        while I might have been less than 100% alert and confused greatest with powerful or advanced (never paid close attention to these boxes so I actually didn't know there were different ones, thought it was the same overall assesment being updated throughout the game) it was certainly not 'largest' because I have more population than my competitor and hatshepsut has most land but huayna capac was still number one. but ok, I'll look closer next time...
                        "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

Working...
                        X