Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenzy SLIC help

All,
    I was looking to tweak the Frenzy AI a little bit. Looking at BlueOs frenzy in the directory and stan's AoM frenzy I see that as points go up the AI gets "angrier" and sends stacks at the human player.

I want to make a simple modification of having the AI only send these stacks when they are at war with you. And maybe have the anger change based on war and treaties.

Is this possible? any recommendations?

thanks
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Hi, E! Glad to see that some people are still interested in modding CTP2. I currently dont't have much spare time and i have completely lost track of the source code project, but I am still hoping for some kind of "final" release and specially for some documentation of all the new/modified SLIC-variables/functions or other things that need to be taken care of for remodding the mods :-).

Since, like quite a couple of other people, I am unable to play Civilization IV (extremely slow, eventually crashes, poor old me not willing to try and fix it ... hey! we already have a game to fix ourselves!) I am currently not that much interested in it's modding capabilities.

However - concerning your interest in improving Frenzy: There have been promising attempts...
    -- the quick and hot download-link
    -- the quick and hot code display-link - NOTE: some needed, basic functions to be found here
    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

BureauBert

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out. I see that BlueOs frenzy is a bit different from AoM Frenzy, now I'll check your and see if there is any differences.

My interest in modding is to fill the AI gap we have on the source code. The source is going well in many areas but the AI isnt aggressive enough.

I was planning to put this slic into my Civ3 Mod (playtest rev 505 use only) and if its decent I'll probably put into my E Mod for the playtest, which I think might become a new scenario file or something.

I notice you have your own website, you would happen to be able to host a SVN server like kaan did with code would you?

Comment

Well actually I am running two CTP2-related websites , both of which are long-term projects in extremely slow progress and I would certainly be proud to host the source code project's version control system.

The CTP2 Bureau sits on a shared webspace (250 MB) which includes the usual combo PHP / Perl / MySQL, most Apache modules available (at least on friendly demand) -- that's it.

I have to admit that I don't know anything about Subversion but I am fairly sure it needs some special server software or rather: it is some special server software, which would go beyond the capacity of my humble webspace.

But if I am wrong and what the "CTP2 Bureau" can offer would be sufficient for Subversion (or some other appropriate solution) I would gladly agree on putting the project on this webspace (there are still plenty of MySQL-databases and subdomains available and most of the 250 MB is unused).
        In this case I could provide some savvy and reliable team members with FTP-access and information needed to set things up and transfer the data. Since my spare time is *really* limited the aforementioned team members would need to take care of maintainance themselves.
        Ah, yes -- bandwidth/traffic: it's unlimited but under the terms of fair use, whatever is done should not bog down the server and cause the hosting provider to fire me and my $!§*& websites

Anyway -- even if my webspace should be insufficient for setting up an appropriate version control system I can offer about 200+ MB just to save files and keep them accessible for the source code project team in case Kaan's server goes offline before a real alternative can be established.
        The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

BureauBert,

just letting you know I quoted your message in the sourcecode thread under server maintenance about hosting the code

Comment

Working...
          X