How to make cities flip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make cities flip?

I've never had a city flip to me. Once, one was built right in the middle of my space and it was down to a single tile and said the citizens were revolting but it never came over to me and a few turns later it had larger borders. Is there something I have to do to make them flip?
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Once they revolt sometimes they flip sometimes they don't. No idea why.

If you want to flip annoying cities rather than invade them I think you just have to increase your culture in neighbouring cities to help.

If you hover over any square it tells you who owns it and also gives you a percentage.

eg. Indian 100%, American 57%

What you want to do is increase the culture in your neighbouring cities so you reduce the percentage ownership of their main city square to nothing. You can watch as the percentage goes down as you increase your culture.

(at least that's what I do)
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Also it is easier to flip cities which have the same religion as you or if it was recently owned by you.
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

I thought it was something, like, after two revolts, the next time the city would revolt, unhappiness reaching X% or something, it flips.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

If you want to flip annoying cities rather than invade them I think you just have to increase your culture in neighbouring cities to help.
          how do i increase the culture in my cities, by adding buildings that do that? if i increase the culture slider at the top of the main map screen, does that increase the city's culture output, or just my overall civ's?
          If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
          Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

I normally try and put buildings/wonders in them. You can increase the slider but I normally value the gold/science too much.

I've never tried rushing by upping the culture slider but I imagine that'd work?

Setting a city to build culture also seemed to speed things up but I don't have any statistical evidence to back that up.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I love flipping cities more than conquering them. I used to be really military in previous versions but I love how you can expand through culture. I really liked that aspect of Black and White 2, I almost never went to war in that to stay as good as possible and it's basically the same thing here.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
              X