Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the Civilization IV score calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the Civilization IV score calculated?

Although I've looked in the manual, the strategy guide, and the cuvilopedia, and done a search of these forums,I have not been able to find out how the game score is calculated in Civilization IV. It's probably in some obvious place, but I would be grateful if someone can tell me where this information is located. Thank you for any help you can give me.
    All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

If you mouse over your name in the lower right corner, where it is listed with the other civs, and hold still, a tooltip explain how your score is calculated will pop up.

-DoktrJerms

Comment

DoktrJerms:

Thank you for your reply. It's very helpful to be able to see the numbers, and especially what catagories contribute to the score. It would also be nice to know how the numbers are calculated, and what the fractions in parentheses represent, if anyone has that information.
      All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

Comment

Well, let's see:

Each category has a number of what I'll call "basis points". You get a percentage of those based on your percentage in each category (for example, if you own 52% of the land area, you get 52% of the basis points for land).

Population (5000 basis points): Fraction is your total pop divided by a theoretical maximum for the map. How that number is determined, I know not, but it's possible to get over 100% here.

Land (2000 points): Your land / total land.

Wonders (1000 points): Your wonders / total possible wonders. Different wonders are worth different parts of the total; I haven't analyzed this in detail.

Tech (2000 points): Your number of techs / all possible techs up to "Future Tech 1". If you get to future 2 or higher, you can get more than 100% of the points.

Total basis points: 10000.
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Stormhound:

Thank you for the explanation. It should be very helpful to me.
          All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

Comment

The scoring system is explained very in-depth over at CFC's Civ4 HOF forum. (Post #82 for the nearly complete formula.)

This was my second game, and I be no means expected to get a score this large. What kind of scores can we expect by the elite players, in the 100,000's or maybe millions.

Comment

Aseon:

Thank you for the link. The answer to my question has turned out to be more complicated (and interesting) than I'd expected. I really appreciate all the helpfulness, friendliness, and good discussion in these forums.
              All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

Comment

I love you too, Jeff. You're so cute when you're naive.
                Oh, and thanks for the link. Will help me win score victories.

Comment

Working...
                X