Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THREAD MASTER'S CREED: Thread Masters, Please Sign (again). Everybody, Please Read

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THREAD MASTER'S CREED: Thread Masters, Please Sign (again). Everybody, Please Read

It occurs to me that we should make something clear to everybody: Thread Masters are NOT there to kill ideas but to foster and organize them. Thread Masters are not actually masters but servants of the Civ3 community. Think of yourself as a "ThreadHead" if that helps!

I realize just how hard it is not to shoot down ideas that seem really lame to you, particularly when you are so passionate about a topic. But as a Thread Master, you must see yourself no longer as just a part in the discussion. You are the facilitator, the nourisher of the discussion. And remember, we should ultimately have faith that Brian, when confronted with conflicting or impossible ideas, will make the right choice. Importanly, let's remember: the more people whose ideas are represented on this list, the more Brian will feel comfortable that we are not just a couple guys with an agenda.

Let's make this a fun and productive environment for all of us. We have a long way to go!

So, if you are a Thread Master, please read and agree to the following so we can ensure the greatest list in Civ. history:

THE THREAD MASTER'S CREED:

I hereby pledge that, as Thread Master, my only interest is in helping provide the best possible list of ideas to the Firaxis team. Thus, I will not disregard ideas I don't like, nor will I engage in or condone flaming other people.

I will remain impartial and helpful at all times.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Sheesh. I need to get a stamp . . .

Bell
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Yin26,
      I hearby give my creed as a thread master.

Jeje2

P.S. I was planning on doing some sort of a suggestion for evaluation, on the basis of all the suggestions I have read in my thread. Is this OK?

Comment

Yin26,
        I hearby give my creed as a thread master.

Jeje2

P.S. I was planning on doing some sort of a suggestion for evaluation, on the basis of all the suggestions I have read in my thread. Is this OK?

Comment

JeJe,

Great idea...but you might want to wait a few weeks until it's closer to LIST time. Just a thought. But if you feel you need feedback now, go ahead!
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

One more time...
            I agree to all of the above.

Ming
            "ThreadHead"
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree

------------------
              Frank Moore - Civ3 Player Interface Thread Master
              Frank Moore - Civ3 Player Interface Thread Master

Comment

John Hancock

PS: For all you non-American people, that means I sign.
                -Civ3 Thread Master of OTHER and UNITS.
                "We get the paperwork, you get the game!"

Comment

I agree, again.

------------------
                  CIV3-THE MASTER LIST-TECHNOLOGY "THREAD MASTER"
                  "Can you debate an issue without distorting my statements and the english language?"
                  -- berzerker, August 12, 1999 04:17 AM, EDT, in Libertarianism and Coercion

Comment

UhHuh, UhHuh, You da king, baby.
                    I concurr, your majesty.

~mindlace

Comment

So far most mastsers lost 80% of 'our' ideas while the moved from the 'old' forum to the new one. Only a few took all the ideas we posted overthere with them.

Dang, now I wonder if I have to copy and paste all my books again :-) *GRIN*
                      Oh, and of course my main-book.

Am I allowed to post my main-book here ?
                      as a main-topic ?
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

CyberShy,

Please bear with us. The office is new. The chairs for the desks haven't even been delivered yet. If need be, can you please cut-and-paste the missing ideas?

As for your book, the most helpful thing you could do is cut-and-paste the relevant parts into the Thread Masters' topics. Again, it will take some work on your part, but we really have to help the Thread Masters out, ya know? Plus, aren't you a soon-to-be Thread Master?

Yin

------------------
                        CIV3 DEVELOPMENT LIST COORDINATOR

**(un)Officially Making Lists for Firaxis Since SMAC Enhancement 3!**

Comment

Signed by Stefu.
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Signed.
                            The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

I agree.

@Yin, I 'll have some patience ;-)
                              but about my book, it's not possible to divide it in little pieces. it all belongs with each other. It's one big concept. Well, I'll stop crying about my book, and give all my heart to my thread now ;-)
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X