Tis the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tis the Season

Hello to everyone and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me good cheer this past year. It means a lot to me. I really miss the friends I have met here. Hopefully, I will be able to participate again one day. My health situation still sucks, but seems to have levelled off. Not getting worse is an improvement, of sorts. I am taking some new, if not outright-experimental, drugs. If I can live thru the side effects, a new day is coming.

Now, if I could just remember how to play this game...What's it called, again??

It warms my heart to see folk still playing Succession Games. Keep on Civing!!

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

It is wonderful to see you here again Monk.
    Let us pray to our favourite deities that your new drug regime does the trick and you can again be a regular.

... and Merry Yuletide to all ...

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Welcome back to both of you!

We have been praying for you, Bloody Monk, and for La fayette as well. Here's hoping he's still reading the threads occasionally.

Looks like someone has "goosed" the smilies with Santa hats - my current favorite is:

(wonder if this will revert back in January?)

We could use another experienced player in the Green(Peace?) succession game, if you can follow the tangled rules list. If you post you are taking it I'm sure they guys would give you extra time to play a few turns. You can't do much worse than me - missing out on LightHouse!

Comment

It is good to have you back Bloody Monk. Though I am fairly new to the Civ 2 boards you have been in my prayers. We Austinites have to stick together!

I hope your experimental drugs work out well and improvement is not far off

Having you back on the boards is the best gift we will get this year!

StuporMan
        Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
        Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Good to see you drop by, Monk! Here's hoping you can return at full strength soon.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the Civ2 stalwarts.
          Last edited by DaveV; December 21, 2005, 16:20.

Comment

Hi Monk - welcome back and have a good Christmas.

If you have to relearn how to play Civilization, you could jump to IV. It has some great new ideas.

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Great to her from you BM.

I still am waiting for the succession game which hampers the humans by making us play the way the AI has to; viz: no shipchains (no reloading units except in ports); no changing build orders after a rushbuy; no delivering caravans for wonders (a dreadfully unbalancing miscalculation by the designers).

Last time I suggested this it was derided as boring, but I think I have refined the parameters somewhat, and perhaps it could be taken up either as a succssion or a comparison game..

Comment

Do we get the AI's unsinkable triremes, instant revolts, revocable treaties, city disorder reduction and lack of pollution too? I'm in...

Comment

Monk, you are like those battered watches in the old Timex commercials!

"Takes a lickin but keeps on tickin!"

Good to see you around and if you're able give Civ IV a try!!!

Comment

Welcome back, Monk. May your drug experiments work every bit as well as your Civ experiments!

Comment

... and a Happy New Year to all our readers may 2006 bring health to everyone

Stu
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Happy New Year to you too, Stu and everyone.

Health to all our readers, yes, but a little prosperity so that we can enjoy that nice bottle of wine. (And perhaps a little wisdom so that we enjoy it in moderation.)

RJM at Sleeper's
                        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Greetiings of the new year to you all.

I've undergone a change of life this past year (now self-employed), so free time is at a premium. My Civ time is limited to an occasional Friday MP session with Ming, Rah, and "that bunch").

It's great to see these familiar names. It makes me long for the days when I was free to Civ at will. Times have changed, and ultimately for the better. So, to BM, SG, duke et al -- please accept apologies for my absence, and my fondest wishes that we can renew our acquaintance. I'm thrilled to learn the the Monk is hanging in there, and hope everyone else is well.

May 2006 grant us the time to come back together...
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Greetings, Bloody Monk! I was going to ask about your health, seeing you in the LF memorial thread.

And good to see -Jrabbit as well. I, too, am now self-unemployed. Haven't had as much time for Civ2.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                              Greetings, Bloody Monk! I was going to ask about your health, seeing you in the LF memorial thread.

And good to see -Jrabbit as well. I, too, am now self-unemployed. Haven't had as much time for Civ2.
                              ErrantArcher and Mates,

What a wonderful gallery of rogues!! Truely honored I am.

A suggested NewYear's Resolution, if you will permit...
                              No matter how busy your life becomes, always, ALWAYS, take time each day to enjoy the "flowers". We tend to get too caught up, and if not careful, begin to take way too much for granted. Don't miss the unlooked-for bits of "magic".

Here's to great success and happiness for all good civers this year,
                              Monk
                              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                              X