Can I select only healthy units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I select only healthy units?

I have a big stack of bombers and want to bombard a city. Some of them are injured and I'd like to let them stay in the city and heal themselves. What I want to do is to select all the full health bombers and then bombard with them.

Often I also got a stack of tanks in a city, some healthy, some injured and would like to select only healthy ones for my next attack. Is this possible?

I haven't figured out a way and don't think it is possible to do the way you want. Maybe you can select all planes and then order individual planes to rest until healed and then issue the order to the group which will then be sans injured planes. Haven't tried that yet.

Comment

Yes you have to select the whole stack. then go through and deselect the hurt ones...

or do what i do. Just bomb with them all and if they die... they die. just like any other unit.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

So aside smart guys and spammers - you cannot. This is one from the many things the devs had missed to implement.

Comment

Re: Can I select only healthy units?

Originally posted by Marko Polo
          Often I also got a stack of tanks in a city, some healthy, some injured and would like to select only healthy ones for my next attack. Is this possible?
          Yes, I find similar things irritating too. If you're selecting a group move, you can't automatically exclude the fortified garrison. If you select a unit (even by accident, say you click on a city too slowly to view its internal workings) spacebar leaves you with a selected unit next turn, losing its fortification bonus (if any). Similar with move orders..
          Dom 8-)

Comment

Hey, with the "selecting a fortified unit" thing, you can either re-order it to fortify (ie wake->fortify) or select a different unit. Either way it does keep the fortify bonus. Ditto for promoting a fortified unit - refortify and it keeps the full bonus.

Comment

Yeah, that's a pain not being able to select healthy vs unhealthy.

Another thing that I really am surprised they haven't put into a Civ game yet is automatically routing units to a desired location. One of the micromanagement annoyances I've always had with Civ is when you're empire is big in the late game and every turn you're pumping out like 10 units and they all have to be manually moved to the "frontline". RTS games long ago allowed one to give a building a "destination" for units produced.

Comment

I got an idea. When you got a stack selected (containing healthy and injured units), then pressing "heal" (H) would drop all the injured units out of the stack and put them to healing mode. That way you end up all healthy units in the new stack. How about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Marko Polo
                  got a stack selected (containing healthy and injured units), then pressing "heal" (H) would drop all the injured units out of the stack and put them to healing mode.
                  If it works that's a damn good idea! Well done!
                  Dom 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by BigWilly1974
                    Another thing that I really am surprised they haven't put into a Civ game yet is automatically routing units to a desired location. One of the micromanagement annoyances I've always had with Civ is when you're empire is big in the late game and every turn you're pumping out like 10 units and they all have to be manually moved to the "frontline". RTS games long ago allowed one to give a building a "destination" for units produced.

With a city highlighted, right click another city thats at the frontline. A yellow circle with surround the frontline city and will be the destination.

I haven't done enough testing with this, but I think you might even get a free point of movement when you set routes.
                    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Working...
                    X