Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU performance problem

Hello all!

i have a strange problem. i wonder if it common.

i have a NVIDIA GPU PCIe 6800GT, modded to 6800Ultra, works perfect.
    Pentum D 2,8, 1gb RAM, yadayada...

strange thing happening is, that while playing the performance is drasticly falling.
    when i started gaming i got around 60fps without problem with 1600*1200 resolution, everything on max.

not so much time after i noticed my performance degradated. first i lowered resouluton to 1280*1024 (my active resolution now), than i lowered AA and even some detail functions to medium.

now, when cities and terraing are becoming more and more populated / animated, the game is hard on lagging. frame rate's jumping from as low as a couple of frames to 20fps.
    (depends on viewing angle, zoom and terrain population/details). i get "normal" 85fps only when zooming above the sky. the gameplay is frustrating me and i was wondering if anyone knows the way to helping me out here. i use the latest GPU, sound, chipsets drivers.

i thought it may have to do with the memory gap im getting. while playing i noticed that perfomance usage hardy ever jumps over 40%, memory is really stucked at 95%. i installed some app for auto freeing ram but i cannot really tell, it helps. im using the performance monitor from logitech's g-15 gaming keyboard.

any clues?
    i think i have a decent power under the hood for playing the game without such lag?
    btw, the game is updated with 1.09 patch.

I don't think it's the GPU that's having problems with this game. Basically it eats through system RAM without really needing to.

A fix by Harkonnen can be found in the forums if you do a search. That might help you out. It reduces the amount of system RAM that the game uses while it's running especially on larger maps.
    I used to be Darkknight.. many many moons ago. "CTP2 is almost out!!" time.

Comment

tnx, mate. i found the post.
      will try it out!

Comment

hm... i have to say, that memory leak "tweak" somehow really worked but not for long. i'm still experiencing way too much lag for my knowledge...

Comment

Working...
        X