No announcement yet.

Builder-Momentum Team Series: #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow ... I just had a quick track of some music that was definitely not SMAC stuff ... how come? Is it possible to send a music file with a game file??? Quite a pleasant surprise

2112 to Mark
    Team 'Poly

Comment

LOL - strange

2112 to Garth.....
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

2112 to Misotu

Comment

2113 to Mark. I'm bottom on the power graph.
          Team 'Poly

Comment

Turn to Googlie.

I noticed that fog of war is turned off, is that right? Should it be on? I have never played with it off.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

2113 replayed turn sent to Misotu

Comment

Oh, and the reasoning for fog of war off (explained in one of the other threads - or maybe in the forum wars threads) is that for teamplay, since the teams start reasonably adjacent to each other (in the team) some degree of 'steering' must have happened which presupposes that the Unity had mapped Planet before landfall.

Something like that.

R. (getting my post count up as R. so that I can get that much requested custom avatar loaded again)

Comment

I got a reload message when I loaded the game - I had taken a look at the previous turn (just to make sure that Googlie wasn't pulling my leg about the map!!) but for some reason it doesn't recognise the replay as a new turn. Turn was only played once, honest.

2114 to Mark.

PS Garth, you can turn fog of war on if you prefer it - it's one of the map preferences in the options screen. If you change it, it changes for everyone, but it's easy to toggle on and off and isn't the sort of thing that causes gameplay problems (unlike "always investigate monoliths", for example, which can really trip people up if it is turned on).
                  Team 'Poly

Comment

2114 to Mis. Fog of war on or off doesn't bother me - either is fine.

Mark (still in a sulk over DT8)
                    We're back!

Comment

Turn to Googlie.

I turned fog of war on.
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

2114 to Misotu

Fog of war still off for the rest of us

(When you change, you are only changing your own preferences, not the game's preset ones - if the CMN had checked FoW then it'd be on for everyone)

It's like when you first stumble on a monolith during a game, if you select the option "always investigate monoliths" it's only your faction that always does (versus the CMN when setting up the game checking 'always investigate' - that sets it for everyone)

R.

Comment

2115 sent to the Territorially Advantaged Provost (who is hopefully much cheered by the VW in DT8, gnash).
                          Team 'Poly

Comment

Just about cheered up. Only I'm still behind

2115 to Garth....
                            We're back!

Comment

Turn to Googlie.

So what is the good of having fog of war off? You obviously can't see units in your map because I couldn't see any of Misotu's units even with her map.

Comment

2115 to Misotu

FoW off aids you in exploring - you know where the landmasses are to send your scout-laden transports there

Comment

Working...
                                X