Why would you support a war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you support a war?

Well what are the acceptable reasons form this list to justify a war, or war like behaviour, like guerilla warfare, terrorism?

*** if I knew how to edit the poll the some options need a bit better explanation

- the first option means "government"

- Guerilla Warfare has the goal of removing the "enemy" from the country

- Terrorism has the same goal of removing the "enemy" from the country, ( whether by polarizing the population to start a civil war, or by making the occupiers/different ideology leave the place of government)

Those last two options in order to be successful need to grow into one of the above, but the question is "are they acceptable methods".

You could elaborate why any of the options are acceptable for you once you make your choices.
    The president/prime minister said so - they know better (no other reasons neccessary)
    2.55%
    Offensive War - For control of resources that are neccessary for prosperity of your own country
    3.57%
    Offensive War - To help friendly nation attacking its rival
    3.06%
    Offensive War - To help friendly nation when being attacked
    14.29%
    Offensive War - On humanitarion grounds to stop a conflict
    13.78%
    Preemptive War - To stop someone you think will attack you in the future
    10.20%
    Civil War - Take a side to overthrow/keep a dicator/regime
    13.27%
    Defensive War - Your country was attacked
    19.39%
    Guerrila Warfare - Fighting against the enemy from insurgent strongholds
    12.24%
    Terrorism - fighting the overwhelmingly stronger enemy by hitting the available civilan targets
    3.06%
    Banana War - Fight to increase the numbers of Bananas
    4.59%
    Last edited by OneFootInTheGrave; December 13, 2005, 11:32.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

All that, + Civil War
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

NO BANANA WAR OPTION?!?!?! This poll is not valid.

Pretty much the same as Sloww, except that I added Civil war in the sence of removing a brutal dictator. I really see this as the same thing as humanitarian.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Civil War - Take a side to overthrow/keep a dicator/regime (In my own country only)
          What?

Comment

I support a war against those who doesn't put in a banana option
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
              NO BANANA WAR OPTION?!?!?! This poll is not valid.
              Gee... I voted the Banana option...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How about against a banana republic?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  How about against a banana republic?
                  Yes I second this option ...

the banana spirit has entrenched in this community since I was away.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

It starts to get a little messy when you are talking about humanitarian wars. I'd be willing to get involved if this was a worldwide effort or if my allies were committed. But I would not go it alone just to stop some humanitarian crisis.

After all, I don't believe in being the world's policeman. However, I'd be pragmatic about it. If it involved a small troop commitment or limited airstrikes. Most definitely I would get involved. But I would not commit to a large invasion force (500k - 1,000,000) to Buttholistan just to stop ethnic violence if the rest of the world is not with me.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

to kill arabs and steal their oil
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Banana war!
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Who are the handful of potential traitors now who would not support any war at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Gee... I voted the Banana option...
                            NOT FAIR!!!!!
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                              Who are the handful of potential traitors now who would not support any war at all?
                              We who just vote banana to signify we're too lazy to read the other options.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X