Consolidated Place for mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolidated Place for mods?

Is there a single place somewhere you can goto find mods? IT's rather tedious to search thorugh the pages of forum threads looking for mods. Just curious if there's a single place to find them all. I know there is a downlads page here, but it doesn't nearly listed all the threads. Just curious if there is a fuller central place.

Also, How do you find info on your opponents' military (types & numbers) The military advisor screeen doesn't tell me that.

Thanks!!

I was just thinking of posting the same thing. It would be nice if there was a thread that had all the mods and sorted them by category, with a brief discription.

Comment

Its called the directory, but it isn't being used. Pity.

I'm one of the guilty ones. Thing is, coders never think their works are 'completed'.

Comment

Check out my Atlas Map Generator

Generate, preview and play Civ IV maps of any size with the alternative Map Generator

Comment

concidering civ4files is user submitted its completely fallable you're actually -less- likely to find stuff than forum searching.

Case in point, they have maybe half of the mods listed that I have installed right now.. and thats being generous.

To really get all the mods, a webmaster would actually have to enjoy forum browsing and do his own legwork. Its not all that hard, new releases are only at about 2-3 a day at most.
          Last edited by ghen; December 14, 2005, 23:11.
          ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Thanks all. I foudn civ4files.com, but Ghen is right, it's not comprehensive. I thought that hte wiki would be able to provide a central place, but it doesn't (neither apolyton's nor civfanatics).

thanks for the help anyways

Comment

I have just opened up CivIVMods which is a system specifically designed for mod distribution and has some pretty cool features for users and mod authors which I have refined to make it a real easy to use system. It is just getting started and I hope we can encourage authors and users to check it out. It's pretty tasty The site has been custom scripted for mods so it's geared totaly toward that.

If you have a mod please take 2 mins to fire it into the system

Some of the features I have added include...

Submit your Civ IV mod files with images
              Automatically update your files with a new release via your profile
              Mod Authors can upload Beta versions for users to test
              Authors have complete admin control over their mods page comments.
              All Downloads counted and tracked.
              Patch compatibility notice on all mods
              Users can comment on mods
              Users can tag mods as favourites which are then placed in their profile
              Users are email notified instantly when their favourite mods are updated
              Users can vote on mods with our unique vote weighting system
              Users can add their own personal mod notes for all mods
              Top 20 mods as voted for by users and scored by our system
              File history archive so old versions can be downloaded if needed
              Full listing and search of mods by category
              Sortable favourites
              Multi-zip downloads
              And more...
              Last edited by Rushster; December 15, 2005, 14:35.
              Civ4Mods - Upload & Download Mods!

Comment

Nice job, Rushster! Fast loading site too, even from indonesia, lol.

Comment

Indonesia, I used to live in Bandung Back in Scotland now though. My folks are still in Jakarta though.

Thanks for the kind words, I hope the authoring community and users will find it a useful resource, it's taken a lot of work

Comment

I like it....guess I have another site/forum to stalk.....

Comment

Scotland?! I lived there for 16 years. Edinburgh, lol.

BTW, can't edit unapproved mods. Could you edit my subs so that the subjects don't have the preceding bracket tags? ie., [MOD] etc. Forgot I wasn't posting on a forum, lol.

Comment

That's excellent rushster!! much appreciated. will make life much easier!

Comment

Here's a suggestion for apolyton. Add some kind of mechanism so that authors can copy/move a forum submitted mod to the directory...

Comment

Stone-D. Once the mod is approved by a site admin you an edit to your heart's content and update whenever you wish. Your old file is then archived when updated also and replaced by the new and users can still grab old files if they need to.

Your mod is approved and you will see it now listed in your site profile where you can edit it also add a Beta version.

Man can't beleive you were in Scotland, what a coincidence, like we traded lives round or something as I am in Edinburgh now

Originally posted by Stone-D
                            Scotland?! I lived there for 16 years. Edinburgh, lol.

BTW, can't edit unapproved mods. Could you edit my subs so that the subjects don't have the preceding bracket tags? ie., [MOD] etc. Forgot I wasn't posting on a forum, lol.
                            Last edited by Rushster; December 15, 2005, 20:41.

Comment

Yep, gotcha. Just woke up.

LOL, small world, eh?

I kinda miss Edinburgh, but no doubt its changed dramatically. Left there 8 years ago! :P

Comment

Working...
                              X