Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good News and Bad News. Which Do You Prefer To Hear First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News and Bad News. Which Do You Prefer To Hear First?

Just in general.
    Give Me The Good News First.
    12.50%
    Give Me The Bad News First
    87.50%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Well if this is a thread by you - I must've already seen the bad news first...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Read up, Einstein.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

'I have some good news and some bad news for you,' said the doctor as he tended to a car crash victim who had just regained conciousness.

'Let me have the bad news first,' said the patient.

'I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid we have no choice but to amputate both your legs.'

'Oh dear. My legs.. But what of the good news then?'

'We just got word that the orderly up on the 3rd floor is very interested in buying your shoes.'

Comment

good news first...
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Bad news. Get it over with.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              Bad news. Get it over with.
              What?

Comment

Good news first.

That way you can correctly process and deal with the bad news without experiencing the false high the good news brings and blanking out the actual problem. And it means you won't be totally depressed before even hearing the bad news, so it doesnt hit as hard.
                Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

A man who was very fond of playing golf, but who found himself to be in increasingly bad health as the years rolled on, had one overriding concern. Would there be golf courts in Heaven?

The question kept dominating his thoughts, so he decided to see his priest in the hope that a man of the Church could shed some light on the issue.

The priest said he'd need time to find the answer, that he would ask for guidance through prayer, and to call in again in two weeks' time.

When the two weeks were up the man went to see the priest again, and - surprise-surprise! - the priest had some good news and some bad news for him.

'Uhm, I think I'd like the good news first then.'

'The good news is that the Lord has indeed seen fit to provide golf courts in Heaven,' said the priest.

'That's wonderful!' said the man, 'Praised be His name and His eternal love for all mankind. But you also had some bad news..?'

'Yes. It would seem you'll be playing next Monday.'

Comment

Bad News Bears
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

it doesn't matter to me

the order of the news does not change the fact that both the news is inevitable

hearing it in a different order will not change my situation at all

this poll sucks

BANANA OPTION
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bad news first. I can't enjoy the good news properly if I think something terrible is coming.

But as Sava says , ultimately the order of recieving the news does not change your situation one little bit
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Read up, Einstein.
                          Heard, Read, same difference - only someone like you would have a problem with that...

Here's my take on this:-

BAD NEWS

You didn't make the playoffs

GOOD NEWS

You can trade me all your best players...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

My buddy here at work wishes he had employees under him so he could fire them... This is how he would do it:

"Employee, I'm sorry to tell you your wife has died... Just kidding, but you're fired. Hey, at least your wife ain't dead!"
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Heard, Read, same difference - only someone like you would have a problem with that...

Here's my take on this:-

BAD NEWS

You didn't make the playoffs

GOOD NEWS

You can trade me all your best players...
                              How about this scenario (a likely one for a certain ohio team )

GOOD NEWS

You win the division and make the playoffs!

BAD NEWS

Because you have no defense, you lose in the first round, and when all is said in done, you end up playing 1 more game this season than the Houston Texans and Green Bay Packers.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X