Demand/Supply denomination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demand/Supply denomination

How is this? What decies what cities get what in demand and what in supply? And does the civcity tool really work? Whenever I change the demand or supply for a city with civcity it has no effect whatsoever in game.

It would be neat to edit these things, for the sake of realism. Ruhr cities should be supplying steel etc, while other non-steel producing areas shouldn,'t.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Take a look at Calculating Caravan and Freight Delivery Payments by Samson and the calculator based on this thread at StuporMan's Supply And Demand Calculator.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Is my superstition that it's best to enter cities from a diagonal direction correct?

Edit: I can't find any evidence for it in samson's post, but I know that its right
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Case,
        It could be true in the sense that delivering from a different side adds extra distance from the delivering city, similar to the way that using a dip from the side furthest from the capital results in a lower bribe price.

Other than that, you may just be experiencing a string of coincidental randomness (either that or direction moved could be part of the random number generator seed, though I would tend to doubt such a claim). You can test your theory by using cheat mode to create several camels/frieght at a particular city and seeing which angle produces the best result (over the course of 50+ tests to ensure consistent results). This would be good information to know.

StuporMan
        Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
        Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Working...
        X