New game looking for players ... Builder/Momentum vs Builder/Momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game looking for players ... Builder/Momentum vs Builder/Momentum

Looking for a 2-player team. Garth (momentum) and I (builder) are looking for opponents for a 2-team tourny game moderated, of course, by Tau Ceti.

We would like to take PK and Sparta, leaving our opponents numerous mouth-watering possibilities We are not newbies, so we are looking for opponents with some experience. We also seek opponents willing to commit to roughly 1 turn per day, Real Life permitting. No hassle, but a reasonable turn rate is expected as the norm.

Post here if you would like to take us on ...
    Team 'Poly

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, MEEEEEE!!!!

Please?
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

But of course ... glad to have an opponent. Now, about the partner?

Will you be playing Builder or Momentum in the axis? ( As if I couldn't guess ... )

And Mark. *Not* Oniron. No no. Please. Not him
      Team 'Poly

Comment

I think I'll try my hand as a builder, just for a change

As to the partner - whoever wants to *crosses fingers*
        We're back!

Comment

Please note game will be SMAC only. I would prefer thinker level as I feel it is a better balanced level for human playing styles, but would be willing to go transcend if everybody else wants it. Mis and I haven't discussed other set up options yet.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Will you please rate it?

------------------
            Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Game on indeed Googlie

I'm with Garth on thinker level - for one, Lal's talent is not such an advantage

SMAC is fine with me - in response to Solver, I would prefer for this not to be rated - for one, I am up against Mis and Garth and two, I don't think team play really lends itself to rating.

You'll have to give us a few hours to decide which factiosn to play - we'll prolly let you know tonight, and then we should be all set to go.
              We're back!

Comment

Thinker is OK, and presumably we're talking SMAC v 4.0?

Presumably no AI - just us four factions?

And I agree with Mark - team games don't lend themselves very well to rating, with the research/population/SP tactics needing to be co-ordinated, etc.

G.

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited May 07, 2001).]

Comment

I knew I should not have gone to sleep today. ):

Is this one closed or is there room to fit in another?
                  If so I volunteer. I will even come up with a partner - (a Canadian student or a Dutchman). I have not asked yet but one of them will say yes and both are very good.

Possibly an extra game?

[This message has been edited by buster (edited May 07, 2001).]

Comment

Googlie, yes.
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Hi there Buster

I don't have a problem with 3 teams rather than 2 - it's just that 4 players is the usual for a tourny game and I think getting a balanced start for 3 teams is a lot more work. Let me go back to Tau - I know he has a lot on at the moment and I don't want to ask more from him than he can comfortably manage, especially since he already puts in such a lot of work on the tournament.

I have an idea how it could work though, and one which might save Tau quite a lot of time either way ...

I'll post back
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

Thanks -

I Understand the situation and having to fit in 6 players in one game would make it difficult to carry out the original builder/momentum team idea.

If it does not fit I will understand and there will be no complaints.
                        Can there be made space or game for an extra team, I do think that we can deliver at least a good challenge. (Hope I don't fall through on this one)

Comment

Having an extra game is probably better. Not only is a 6 player game tough to manage and actually complete but 3 teams is a little unbalanced, meaning war is often 2 on 1.

Comment

While I'm not the most experienced player, I wouldn't mind giving it a go. I tend to play isolationist, so this might be a good way for me to break out of my shell. Let me know what the scoop is, I'll understand if there's already too many players. Thanks.

Comment

Or run 3 parallel games:

Mis/Garth vs Mark/Googlie

Mis/Garth vs Buster/WhiteElephants

Mark/Googlie vs Buster/WhiteElephants

With aggregate 2-game scores being the determinant. (So a win might have to be a big win to offset a poor loss in the other).

Thoughts?

(Or it sounds like a new tourney series - the team tourney)

G.

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited May 07, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X