[Suggestion] Synthetic oil production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Synthetic oil production

I wanted to advance an idea about creating a mod that would allow the production of "synthetic oil".
    The idea is that oil is such a vital reource and not being able to come by it is terribly stifeling to your game.
    I was thinking that maybe through the use of a building that consumes a regular resource (maybe two, one health, one happy) it would be possible for a civ to produce oil based units in that city. Or maybe buld up to two/three oil based units simultaneously in different cities. This would obviously need to be tuned to some degree based on the cost of the building (or maybe National Wonder).

Just wanted to throw this idea out and see what people thought about it.

The idea is instresting and should be added.
    The only problem right now we oil (and any resource really) is that if you got 1 of these, you practical have unlimited amounts of this resource, and I think it could be cool to have a system were a oil resource only give 100 oil units each turn, and having a tank cost 10. So you could at max field an tank army of 10. Will this be too much, altering game play?

Comment

I don't know how it would work, but I was thinking that you would basically have to trade a resource to the building so it wouldn't be available any longer for trading to AIs or produce it's benefit.
      As for having an unlimited amount of the resource, that's why I was thinking it should be limited to allow production only within the city that built the "Synth oil facility".
      Another idea would be to make oil based units be twice or three times (or whatever seems right) as expensive if you only have synthetic oil.

Now the next problem would be if subsequently you obtain oil, you'd wanna be able to hlat production of the synthetic oil in order to free up the resources it was consuming.

Comment

The Lost wonders Mod has a National Wonder that Provides Oil essentialy doing what your sugjesting.

On the other hand I am working on a "No Resorce Screwage" Mod that will change all resorce requirements to Cost cutter that halfs a units cost.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
        X