Odd Problem with Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Problem with Mouse

Occasionally when playing Civ4, the graphical representation of the mouse pointer will be stuck in one spot. I.e. I can still move my mouse around and click on things semi-blindly and select things, but the pointer itself is stuck in one spot. It's not completely frozen either, as the icon will change to reflect processing/busy, go-to symbol, etc.

This problem persists after quitting Civ4 (it's really hard to play with an invisible mouse...), and will not go away until a complete reboot, logging out and back in (Windows XP) does not help solve the issue.

I've only encountered this twice thus far after the 1.09 patch and never before. And it might even be linked to savegame. The instance was that after the first time this happened last night, I saved and quitted the game. Today when I reload that save, the same thing happened right away. I had to quit, reboot, and then decided to load a previous autosave (it takes a couple of minutes to load savegames on my system... didn't want to load the possible flawed save), and it worked fine. This is only a single instance of course. I'll know if this is reproducible after I reload tonight's savegame (again had to quit due to this mouse thing) tomorrow hopefully.

I was wondering if it's possible to force Windows to re-initialize the mouse pointer and hopefully unstuck it. Or if this is Civ4 savegame related, some ways to unstuck it without reloading an autosave a few turns prior. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

- Gateway103

Perhaps...

Allo! I had a mouse issue as well, but it was not like yours... my pointer instead of being the one of civ's, was the one of windows'.

Try ALT+TAB... this may force your mouse to show... if not, try using full graphics acceleration (that on Advanced Video Properties somewhere ;-)... )

Well, those were the steps I took to solve my problem... see if it can help you.

[]'s

Daniel Silva Marques Vilela.
    Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

I played in Windowed mode, and switching between windows does not help, and ya, already at full acceleration. Only thing that worked thus far was a compelete reboot, which is annoying...

Thanks for the ideas nonetheless.

- Gateway103

Comment

Good day everyone!

I'm bumping this thread after a search, because I am having this same problem more and more often while I'm playing Civ4. The problem is exactly as described by the original poster, except for two things:

1) The problem doesn't seem to be associated with a save game when I encounter it.

2) The problem is much more frequent for me. I am having to quit and reboot to get my mouse back at least once a day, and many times more. If it happens during a MP game, I often have to simply quit the game :/.

Any suggestions for figuring out what's wrong?

Comment

Working...
        X