Comment

the short and skinny

540 -moving and healing forces
      560 -adopted caste system
      560 -research currency
      580-680 building troops/some growth items

640 -building CI in one of our cities

just a little taste of some defense

the chariots are on blockade duty, they were smart enough to move the settler back in

The other southern city is being assaulted, eliminated 1 spearman, using the chariot for healing only

NEXT! http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...luaAD-0720.zip
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I find myself with a couple of spare hours so.... I'll do another 10 now. I'll let you know how i got on.
        Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
        Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Good luck FeMme! (If you plan to attack Kyoto you might need some.)

Comment

It appears to be taking longer than expected and I have other games that require my attention so I won't be able to finish this turn until the weekend. Sorry, I hope no one else is hanging out for a turn

P.S. Yes I am rather reluctant to attack Kyoto, it is extremely well defended!

Comment

I wanted to check out the current situation, but I get a "file doesn't exist" error when trying to download the latest game.

Comment

Same problem here. It looks as though FeMme was lucky enough to get the file ("finish the turn" implies that she has started). If not, we need Platypus Rex to repost it.

Comment

as you command

thanks for helping out

Comment

I have just finished the game! And it was a lot harder than the first time I played! I will do a brief turn report and post the save shortly.

Comment

• finished your turns ?

or the whole game ?

Comment

• 720AD FeMme takes over from Platypus Rex

A few tweaks were made:
                        - Vetulonia starts to build a Great Person
                        - Thebes puts courthouse on hold to build a quick Missionary for Tokyo
                        - Osaka stops building walls for a bit to train a settler

740AD

- Tokugawa sends a sword and an archer towards Edo, we attack his sword with an axe who is killed then finish him off with a sword
                        - Vetulonia trains a Spearman then starts work on an axeman

760AD

- Thebes builds a Missionary then continues on courthouse
                        - Memphis builds a library then starts on a Confusian temple
                        - a Scientist is put to work here also to increase chances of getting a Great Scientist

780AD

- Chichen Itza is built in a far away land!
                        - Elephantine is forced to abandon work on this and starts instead on a library
                        - Egyptian wisemen discover the knowledge of Currency enabling more trade routes and the construction of a central market place. This will surely help our Treasury!
                        - Thebes builds a courthouse then starts on another Missionary as it is brought to my attention that the Vetulonians are still unenlightened heathens!
                        - Tokugawa moves an archer from Satsuma onto our dye but is quickly crushed by our war chariot

800AD

- Confusionism spreads to Tokyo and the people embrace the new spiritual teachings
                        - Heliopolis builds a granary then starts constructing a library
                        - Edo also builds a granary then begins work on a Lighthouse as food is not in abundance and our fishermen need help seeing the shoreline in the wee hours of the morning!
                        - It is decided to adopt Organised Religion so that our cites can construct buildings faster, as we are such a spiritual nation anarchy is easily avoided

820AD

- A Wisemen's Conference is held in a far away land and on his return our representative informs me that the Japanese are the wealthiest nation, followed closely by our marvelous nation. The Romans came sixth and the Greeks a puny seventh!
                        - Tokugawa asks for peace but is denied as I have plans to take Satsuma shortly!
                        - Vetulonia builds an axeman then starts on a library
                        - Thebes builds a Missionary then begins work on an axeman to defend our beautiful capital

840AD

- Anada the Great Prophet is born in Thebes. While my underlings haggle over what to do with him he is sent towards Memphis, our religious capital until a decision can be made
                        - some workers are redirected towards our southern lands to do some much needed land improvement

860AD

- After careful consideration and much deliberation it is decided to use our Great Prophet to research Theology, alas Christianity has already been discovered but Theocracy will surely aid our nation and now we are able to build a new World Wonder
                        - Thebes completes an axeman then starts immediately on the Sistine Chapel ( which is greatly aided by our Marble supply)
                        - Memphis has completed a temple then starts work on a granary
                        - Confusionism spreads to the once heathen city of Vetulonia and the people rejoice! Hallelujah!

880AD

- Osaka builds a settler then continues with city walls
                        - A library is built in Elephantine then work is started on a granary
                        - Satsuma is destroyed and 111 gold is plundered from the treasury

900AD

- Our wisemen discover the knowledge of the Compass then bend their minds to the idea of the Calender in the hope that this will reveal the secrets of plantation building!
                        - NEWS FLASH: A Greek galley carrying a settler and archer is spotted south of Osaka, he could be heading for our next city site!
                        - An axeman fortifies on the city ruins in the hope that this will deter any foreign settlers (once our city is safely built he will pillage this city ruin so that our workforce can till the lands)
                        - Tokugawa sends a sword towards our borders and we attack with our chariot first who damages him but withdraws before he is killed, then our sword finishes him off but takes a rather harsh beating!

920AD

- The Greek galley appears to be heading north but could still back track and drop off his cargo and really stuff things up!
                        - Our settler moves onto his new city site (a jungle covered hill with some fish a couple of squares West and a Rice paddy over the channel which will be very useful if we can secure and farm it
                        - Vetulonia's library is put on hold in order to build a quick Missionary to send to our new city
                        - Edo builds a lighthouse then starts on a workboat for our new city
                        - Thebes receives a massive production boost when a forest is cleared to make way for a farm, our Sistine Chapel is coming along nicely

Here ends FeMme's turn in power. She gladly passes the torch to an eager hand who has been waiting in the wing...

Here is the save:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• thanks hero

Comment

• I decided it was too much work to take Kyoto and now we have destroyed Satsuma we could even sue for peace but I will leave this up to the next player. (P.S. I think our people are getting war weary and Tokugawa may offer us a tech in exchange for a peace agreement)

Here are a few screen shots for anyone who is interested.

Comment

• 920AD Big trouble in Little Tokyo!

The borders decreased in 820AD but every turn we get 1% more Egyptians so we could still hold onto it. I didn't see any point chaning the build queue because we only have 1 hammer at the moment.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• 920AD Our new city site (shown in yellow), our axe fortified on city ruins (shown in red) and the pesky Greek galley (shown in light blue).

Settler is ready to build city next turn and already has 1 axeman with him.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X