[SG] Free for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Platypus Rex.

Hopefully the next person to play will take Satsuma.

IMO, if we can, we should destroy the city and build a new city one tile over in the Jungle. This will still take control of the chanel between our continent and the Roman/Greek continent. It will also take control of a rice resource and will share less space with Osaka.

However, it will never be a good city because it will only have 5 land squares (6 including the city site) so maybe it is one for the future when we are more stable.

We will also need to road and mine the gold again as our happiness is very low.

This game is definitely hoting up!

Satsuma 300AD and possible new city site in yellow
    Attached Files
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
    Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I like razing, too much hassle on keeping the natives happy

The two bigger cities of Japan, will be a tougher nut to crack, sue for gold, build and whack the mole again?

lets keep those workers busy on infrastructure !
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Hey, it's nice to see that this is still going, sorta. Here's hoping that this can be taken to a successful conclusion.

BTW, here's how the same game went over at the other site:

*WARNING* spoileriffic thread

So I was toying with the idea of a free-for-all succession game. The idea is that anyone can pick up the save any time and play their turns. (With reasonable restrictions, of course, as outlined below.) That's the gist of it. :) More specifically, here's what you do: You open this...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Hey guys, sorry, I was out of town...I can't right now, but will have lots of free time next week Thurday till September, so maybe then...
          "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
          Check out my Blog!

Comment

Anyone feel free to do it, I'll be very busy til Thursday...
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

If it's not too presumptuous, I'd like to wish Smellycowsquid the best of luck for either taking or grading final exams. (Actually, it is presumptuous, but it won't hurt, so I hope I'm forgiven.)

Oh, the game ... if there are no objections, I would like to play another turnset today.

(edited spelling)
              Last edited by Verrucosus; June 4, 2006, 09:09.

Comment

Yes, it is finals, and go ahead!
                Check out my Blog!

Comment

Okay, I'm busy playing now.

Comment

300 AD - Verrucosus is back in office and makes an inspection tour of Egyptian cities. Some workers are reallocated. Production remains unchanged. The research budget is cut from 60 % to 50 %. A pigs-for-cows-deal is struck with Rome.

325 AD - Japanese swordsmen attack Egyptian troops southeast of Kyoto. Egyptian swordsmen are killed. A counter-attack by our war chariots costs us another chariot unit, but destroys their swordsmen. More troops are moved towards Kyoto. The Japanese iron mine east of Kyoto is guarded by spearmen. Memphis starts to train new swordsmen after a courthouse is completed. Our first catapult unit is formed in Edo. The population in Etruscan exceeds the happiness cap; two population units are sacrificied to hurry the courthouse (with 25 hammers carried over to the next project).

350 AD - Etruscan builds the courthouse and starts to train axemen (as Edo already does).
                    Two decisions which might be controversial:
                    - Egyptian war chariots retreat from Satsuma with orders to join forces in the north. Although I accept and support FeMme's case for the destruction of Satsuma, the odds of our chariots against the city's spearman garrison were not good enough in my judgment. It will take some time to get infantry units down there and, in the meantime, the chariots will be more useful in the north.
                    - Etruscan is renamed Vetulonia. (I wouldn't even think of renaming a proper Egyptian city in a succession game, but the barbarian tribal adjectives really sound wrong as city names, so I hope this is okay. I've used the name of an Etruscan city which - as far as I know - is not on the Roman city list. If I've overstepped my authority please accept my apology and feel free to change it back.)

375 AD - Despite reinforcements by archers, our troops on the hill are destroyed by a Japanese sortie from Kyoto. A Japanese swordsmen unit takes the position with heavy casualties. Lots of workers finish improvements near Edo and Vetulonia and move East. We are notified that Confucianism has spread to Cumae!

400 AD - Workboat starts fishing near Osaka which begins to train axemen. Copper is connected.

425 AD - We discover Monarchy, adopt Hereditary Rule and start researching Polytheism. Worker allocation is changed in several cities to account for new happiness limits. Our war chariots moving up from Satsuma destroy Japanese swordsmen near Edo. Our archer garrison moves from Edo to secure the forested hills between Edo and Kyoto.

450 AD - The Great Lighthouse is built in a faraway land. Japanese is seen moving from Kyoto and Tokyo towards Edo. Our siege forces southeast of Tokyo do not attempt to intercept hoping that the archers that occupy the forrested hills will be able to hold position. Our catapult has joined them and starts to pound the Tokyo's defenses. Just to be safe, the archer garrison from Vetulonia moves west causing unrest in Vetulonia.

475 AD - We discover Polytheism and start researching Monotheism. The Parthenon is built in a faraway land. (I had hoped that after Monotheism, we still might get it with some high-power chopping (math+marble+org.rel.) near Thebes we might still get it and become more active with regard to Great Persons.) With the Parthenon gone, we offer a marble-for-ivory deal to Rome, but they refuse. On the military side, the Japanese forces coming from Kyoto to Edo skirmish with our forces. We lose an axeman, they lose a swordsman, another swordsman retreats to the west. The Japanese axemen en route from Tokyo to Edo bypasses our high ground position and move to a forest east of it. We leave them alone. A damaged chariot is moved to Vetulonia to heal and restore order.

500 AD - Memphis trains swordsmen and starts building a library. Workers are busy to build cottages and wineries nearby, so Memphis might be a place to concentrate our research. Japanese axemen seize the marble quarry near Edo. We weaken them with a chariot attack from Edo and use our axemen from the hill to finish them off. Archers stay put on the hill. Preparing for the assault on Tokyo a swordsman approaches from the north east, a chariot moves into the forest in the north and our axemen crosses the river in the east of the city. The catapult, guarded only by too chariots, continues bombardment from accross the river.

520 AD - Thebes builds another swordsman and starts constructing a granary. Osaka builds an axeman who moves to Satsuma and is joined by a war chariot to pick up where Platypus Rex left. The last swordsman of the Japanese attack force sent against Edo is killed in a battle west of the city. Having assembled 3 war chariots, 1 swordsman, 1 axeman and a catapult, our assault on Tokyo (garrison: 1 spearman, 2 archers, 8 % defense bonus) begins:
                    - The catapult attacks first, taking the spearman down to 3.6 and one of the archers to 2.6 before withdrawing at 0.6. (It wasn't that effective across the river; it might have been better to continue bombardment.)
                    - The swordsman takes the "City Raider I" promotion (I hadn't committed how to use the barracks bonus until now) and defeats the healthy archer.
                    - "Thumper" axeman weakens the 2nd archer to 1.5, but is killed.
                    - 1st war chariot weakens the spearman to 1.2 before retreating.
                    - 2nd war chariot kills the spearman.
                    - 3rd war chariot ("Adam") defeats the last archer and seizes Tokyo capturing 92 gold and a Japanese worker which is immediately sent out to connect Tokyo to our road network.

Note to successor: I haven't moved the archer unit stationed in the hills northwest of Edo yet. Its position is enviable, but it might be wise to move that unit towards Tokyo because all our units there have suffered severe casualties.

Comment

Here's the Egyptian-Japanese border region.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Egyptian Demographics in 520 AD.

Our GNP is the third largest in the world, but the rival best (Caesar if you look at the GNP graph) is much higher, so there's a cause for concern.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Finally, the save-file. This time, I've zipped it, so I hope that there's no need to rename or double-click.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I will be busy till this Friday

small chance this Monday
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

May take a look at it friday...
                              Check out my Blog!

Comment

I would have done it today but I am busy building a new computer. Hopefully early next week I'll get a chance.
                                Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                                Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                                X