[SG] Free for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome FeMme!

No, it doesn't crash that often. However, even our limited experience with crashes suggests that withdrawal symptoms can usually be controlled by playing Civilization.

It looks like we are gearing up for a war fought with lots of war chariots. It's probably a good bet that Tokugawa does not have Iron Working yet (or do we actually know this?) and in that case I agree that speed is of the essence. If we are going to do it this way, we have to prepare to pay for out-of-territory maintenance costs, so I'd recommend going for Pottery at some point. It shouldn't take too long to research now and Memphis is practically crying out for some cottages.

I would like to play again at some point, but we shouldn't make too long a waiting list. After FeMme, maybe someone new will want to step in or one of the very early players will notice that the game is running again. In any event, I'm looking forward to reading about the second reign of Platypus Rex as the next chapter in our own version of Egyptian history.

Comment

Originally posted by Verrucosus
      I'm looking forward to reading about the second reign of Platypus Rex as the next chapter in our own version of Egyptian history.
      So do I...

Comment

Can I just confirm that Platypus Rex will post his save game at the end of his 10 turns here in this thread? And will it be in a new post or at the beginning of the thread? As you can probably tell I'm a complete SG novice!
        Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
        Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

If he plays, he will post his saved game attached to a new post. I sent him a mail to check whether he is still interested.

Comment

i never played 10

please dont wait on me, play on

I will be back later in the week

thanks for all your support
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

OK, I will take my turn now. See you in 10 turns (hopefully finished in the next 24hours). Cheers.

Comment

I'll try a hand at this when FeMme's done if no one else is in line...

SG is an interesting concept I've never tried before. You get the collective feeling of a SPDG with some interesting discussions, but not every single move is debated endlessly. Sounds like fun.

Comment

One question, Will this still work with 1.61? If it will, I may play a couple...later, of course.
                  "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                  Check out my Blog!

Comment

Well my 10 turns are done and I must say that was rather fun! I've managed to spend the whole morning playing so I will take a short break and post my report and the saved game a little later. I must say that we are now well on the path to war. The next few succession players will have quite a ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Smellycowsquid
                      One question, Will this still work with 1.61?
                      Yes, I have played with 1.61.

Comment

Here is my account of the last 225 years(10 turns).

525BC
                        - Our eastern most worker continues his road towards the new city site (yet to be decided on by the ruling class)
                        - Our settler follows at a safe distance with a warrior close behind
                        - Further south another worker leaves his fellow co-worker to finish his road and moves on to the next hill ready to join up the highway between Thebes and Heliopolis.
                        - Meanwhile our frontier units bide their time, hoping for some action soon

500BC
                        - A barbarian archer is spotted near our new city site, something must be done! A newly trained and promoted war chariot leaves the war effort to for the time being and moves decisively towards the this new threat.
                        - Our settler and warrior combo are unfased and continue on their way, sticking to defensive terrain
                        - Our great capital continues training war chariots
                        - The lonely scout north of the Japanese gets restless and goes walkabout in search of entertainment
                        - While our third worker is put to work building a southern route to the new city site

Comment

475BC
                          - Thebes begins training of an archer (ready for our new city) after completion of another war chariot who after promotion(combat1) moves towards to frontier
                          - Heliopolis has trained an archr and begins on a barracks
                          - Our frontier archer was feeling inadequate next to all the war chariots so after wishing the boys good luck he heads to Memphis to offer them his protection after losing their warrior to the new city
                          - Our settler and warrior keep a close lookout for barbars as they head closer to city site. While the war chariot brings up the rear.
                          - Thumper moves towards an easily defendable lookout point on the souther border
                          - Chosin Few, the lost warrior, takes a look around but there's not much to see

450BC
                          - Mathematics is discovered and the scientists decide to look into sailing so we can explore the coasts and help bring men and supplies to the war front
                          - Our settler and war chariot arrive at proposed city site, still no barbar action
                          - Meanwhile, the warrior continues along the ridge of hills trying to track him down
                          Last edited by FeMme; May 25, 2006, 01:47.

Comment

425BC
                            - Thebes builds an Archer and promotes him to City Defence then sends him towards new city site
                            - Before settling city site our war chariot moves east to uncover Gold and Copper and a new city site and the barbar is spotted!
                            - Our settler moves to new city site and builds Elephantine who then starts training an archer
                            - Our eastern worker moves to start road that will complete the route

400BC
                            - Our war chariot follows the barbar and discovers that the land extends into a finger where a group of wild pigs roam.
                            - The barbarian is now cornered with a huge mountain behind him and our chariot in front
                            - Having completed the souther route from Heliopolis to Thebes, the worker then moves back towards Heliopolis as there will soon be a shortage of food there
                            - Our war chariots are restless but there are not enough of them yet to mount an effective attack
                            Last edited by FeMme; May 25, 2006, 02:25.

Comment

375BC
                              - Our war chariot is victorious against the barbar archer and gets promoted to Shock (as our scout has spotted Spearmen in the Japanese Empire) then moves back towards Elephantine
                              - Thebes contimues to churn out war chariots and sending them to the frontier
                              - Archer finally arrive in Memphis and fortifies
                              - The North-Eastern highway is complete, Elephantine is now trading with it's neighbours

350BC
                              - Scribes proclaim our leader as Makahlua The Glorious, the most cultured civiliation in the known world. Our neighbours, the Japanese a puny 6th)
                              - Sailing is discovered and it is decided to begin work on researching Construction. It is hoped that this technology will enable proper bridges to be made and there is rumour of a new weapon that will aide the war effort!
                              - Our hard working war chariot heals in Elephantine before he is reasigned to the frontier
                              - Our worker starts farming the corn which will provide more food to the citizens of Elephantine
                              Last edited by FeMme; May 25, 2006, 02:38.

Comment

325BC
                                - Yet another war chariot is built in Thebes and moved towards the frontier. Work now begins on a galley to explore the coast and transport our army if need be
                                - A barracks is built in Memphis and is put to immediate use training a war chariot
                                - Moses is born is Thebes! He is sent on a pilgrimage to the holy city of Memphis.
                                - Elephantine's borders expand encompassing the copper and gold

300BC
                                - A foreign unit is spotted over the water from Thebes. Julius Caesar hails us and it is decided that there will be peace between us, for now at least.
                                - We will need to navigate our galleys around the coast to join this land mass and spread the message of Confusianism to these heathens! All in good time....
                                - On the homefront, Memphis builds a barracks and then starts on another war chariot. The Japanese must be stopped! This island is only big enough for one of us!
                                - Moses reaches Memphis and is consumed by the construction of The Kong Miao which will help spread his message around the globe and bring in some cashflow too!
                                - Our war chariot will be healed in one turn, he is itching for a fight with the Japs!
                                - The scientists demand more money spent on science so they can hurry the research of construction

Here ends my account of the Egyptian Empire. I leave you with some screen shots and the game save for the next in line, enjoy!
                                Last edited by FeMme; May 25, 2006, 02:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X