Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1580AD Land ahoy!
    Attached Files
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
    Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• City advisor screen
      Attached Files

Comment

• Top 5 cities - 3 of which belong to us!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Culture spread
          Attached Files

Comment

• The Western Isle
            Attached Files

Comment

• And last but not least....the save you've all been waiting for
              Attached Files

Comment

• trying to find some fresh blood
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Pi-FeMmesses! I like it, but I'm quite certain that this was what really ticked the Pharaoh off and that he used the empty-galleon incident just as an excuse to sack you. Well, you know what he's like ... a few hundred years pass and you're back in office.

I agree about Liberalism. More generally, we should try to go as deep into the tree as possible, so we have something to trade when we meet the rest of the world. When we have researched Education getting the six universities required for Oxford up and running should be an important internal goal. The city list posted above shows that we have a number of cities with enough science to warrant a university. With the observatories already in production, our research will be quite impressive. (Also, we're already becoming rather smug about it, but that's expected from a Great Power, isn't it?)

Comment

• hello well i have taken the save game and tried to forge ahead.
                    started at 1580 with the score on 2003. Inthat year we upgraded the galley to a galleon built a workshop outside osaka and Pi-Femesses and also a cottage in the latter city.

1585 missionary finished in vetulonia and went onto the Forbidden Palace. Nara completed a granary and laid the foundations for a library. the newly promoted galley went off into the uncharted waters off our SW coast. whilst Pi-Femesses embarked on cottage and farm public works. the other galley bumped into Montezuma and we spoke politely to him.

1590 Education discovered to the groans of millions of children and the beginnings of liberalism was seen. Heliopolis started a Uni. osaka finished its library and went to work on a theatre whilst they empire clocked up 10 million citizens. Edo and Pi-Femesses both worked on a workshop apiece.

1595 Thebes completed an Observatory and went straight to work on a Uni. whilst the workers of that city opened up new farming areas. Alexandrina opted for another workshop and we spread religion to Delphi

1600 Memphis finished a bank and went for culture in the guise of a theatre as did Elephantine after completing an Observatory. they also laid the foundations for a workshop. Osaka completed their theatre and decided they needed religion and started a temple. our galley met huayna capa of the Incas and we said hello politely to him

Comment

• 1605 Memphis finished their theatre and decided a Globe Theatre would be nice in this part of the universe. Elephantine started a temple Edo a theatre and Kyoto a monastery whilst Pi-Femesses finished their granary and also opted for the temple. Religion was spread to Pharsalus.

1610 Montezuma was getting a little antsy so we gave him our map of the world and he settled right down again. Osaka started a monastery alexandrina a theatre and Pi-Femesses a temple.

1615 Liberalism discovered. the Printing Press seemed a nice freebie. The civic Free religion was chosen due to its increasing research benefits and then the scientists got down to making Gunpowder work ...just in case. Kyoto started a Uni and we achieved an open border agreement with Montezuma.

1620 Elephantine started their Uni as did Vetulonia after finishing the Forbidden Palace and also Edo. Osaka opted for a Uni and Pi-Femesses went for a plain library.

1625 Thebes finished the Uni and decided on an Academy. Whilst the galley's explored Montezuma's kingdom.

1630 As the year opens Gunpowder has just been discovered by a few guys with wide eyes and soot all over their faces, they felt Replacement Parts was safer and more to their pace for a time. the score is now 2219

I have attempted to get the kingdom in front of its fellow countries through widening the gap in culture and research. Apologies there are no pretty pictures but I am not sure how to do this at present. Thanks

Comment

• the updated save game file

Comment

• i'll try that again so it looks neater ...sorry for the mess

MakahluaAD-1630.Civ4SavedGame

Comment

• Great work Jimlad!

Thought this game might be dead there for a while be we seem to keep resuscitating ourselves!

So....who's next?

Comment

• I'd love a pop at this - it'll introduce me to Civ in the public sphere but I'm going to have to wait for a few days (work's snapping at my heels). No one should feel they should hold back on my account, just don't finish the game.

Ay Up

Steve
                              I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Don't worry! This game started last November. It has picked up some speed recently, but I'd be surprised if we were finished any time soon.

jimlad, you've pushed us into another era by making contact with the Aztecs and the Incas. I wonder how they compare to us and the Romans in terms of GNP, power, etc. Do they have the same religion? I'm really tempted to have a look at the file, but I probably couldn't resist to start playing while I, too, should prepare some stuff for work.

Comment

Working...
                                X