Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just from curiosity destroyed Isabelle's Holy City...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just from curiosity destroyed Isabelle's Holy City...

The star from her religious symbol disappeared, but do someone knows what can happen later? The destroyed wonders cannot be build at new, but will the Holy City reappear later? Nothing is said in the manual about this.

No, the holy city won't reappear later. As for negative effects: The spread of that religion is slowed down, and of course you can't get any money from the holy shrine. Any Civ that had that religion as a state religion will hate you A LOT more.

Positive effects? Uhmm.....

Comment

The holy city -- its wonders and effects as the holy city -- is simply gone forever.

Nobody can build the shrine ever again, and nobody will get line of site for owning the holy city and having the state religion again.

If the religion has already spread to other cities then it can still be used as a religion normally, exactly the way any religion in which you do not own the holy city is (except nobody can potentially see your cities).

If it has not yet spread from the holy city then you have just wiped out an entire religion. It's dead. Congratulations.

Edited for grammar.
      Last edited by Fosse; November 28, 2005, 11:44.

Comment

Beautiful. I guess that opens the door to Scientology.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

What bothers me most with religion in Civ4, is the lack of roman, greek and norse religions... They should be option, from polytheism or something.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

It's moddable, see the Greek World scenario for that.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Fosse
              If it has not yet spread from the holy city then you have just wiped out an entire religion. It's dead. Congratulations.
              Yyyyyyyyes!

Comment

Do you actually get a relationship penalty with AIs for destroying the holy city of their state religion?

It would make sense...

Comment

yes, big penalty.

only reason I knew I had done it was when I looked at the relationship values. didn't mind cos I was going to war with them real soon again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                    ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                      What bothers me most with religion in Civ4, is the lack of roman, greek and norse religions... They should be option, from polytheism or something.
                      As GeoModder said, they can be added in (see the Greek World mod). And these religions were discussed in other threads here, and I think the consensus was that Firaxis opted to use only those religions that are still prevalent TODAY...not those that died out.

And that brings up another interesting point...wouldn't it be neat to have religions die out by themselves over time?? Like Roman polytheism, it died out and was superceded by Christianity in most places.
                      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

wouldn't it be neat to have religions die out by themselves over time?? Like Roman polytheism, it died out and was superceded by Christianity in most places.

Greco-roman polytheism was actually eradicated from the Roman world by "Christian fundamentalists" as soon as Christianity became a massive cult around Europe and the mediterranean coast, with pillages, massacres and the destruction of pagan holy shrines and temples
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner

way funny

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

Greco-roman polytheism was actually eradicated from the Roman world by "Christian fundamentalists" as soon as Christianity became a massive cult around Europe and the mediterranean coast, with pillages, massacres and the destruction of pagan holy shrines and temples

Some would say that (Catholic) Christianity actually adopted many Pagan elements as a compromise so as to convince the 'heathen' to convert. So a religion really lives on in its effects on the moral codes of superceding religions ....

BTW Greek polytheism contained many elements, such as the idea of gods impregnating mortal women and having heroic sons sent to earth, which mysteriously found their way into God's 'true Word'.

Comment

Hm..... this info gives me an idea, I may yet conquer the world!
                              "I aspire sir, to be better than I am" - Data

Comment

Working...
                              X