Recommend me a good game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a good game.

Okay Heres the thing. I have been deprived of, for months now, my favorite type of games: VS MP type games, because i do not have internet access @ home and I cant play games @ work. So I've been playing alot of these SP focused games for both console and PC and I'm getting more and more disappointed by the qualities of these games. (I admit I do pick horrible SP games though... thinking they'll be great) So until next year, when I get my broadband internet service, I'll need some SP games to kill time. So some of you regulars in this forum might know my preference already but I'll list them anyway.

Oh and dont recommend Halo... although that is like what Im looking for... but I am like sooooo done with that. besides Halo without xbox live is probably alot worse anyway... (getting bored of playing same opponent over and over again)

- I like game that involves VSing humans

- I like Co-op, but I'd rather have multi human VS multi human rather than humans co-fighting idiotic AIs.

- Games have to have some depth. Complex system game balance and all that. If the game is really balanced, for me I have much better time respecting the game and enjoying it. And games that involve me calculating aspects of games like what Demogamers in civ here do.

- Fast paced. I like slow types like Civ, but faster the action the better. (theres nothing like time pressuring you while you have to make decisions)

- I'm not that big on character development and story plot, but if I were to enjoy them I like sci-fi and horror types. I dont enjoy medieval all that often. im looking into F.E.A.R and some old school resident evil series cause i liked RE4.

-I dont like RPG often, but some old school RPGs and things like FF tactics are alright.
    :-p

www.ogame.org, sign up for Universe8!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Civ 4
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yup, Civilization IV would be ideal. It's actually pretty fast-paced now that all of the useless micromanagering has been eliminated, try playing small maps with a "quick" gameplay setting, simultaneous moves and a "tight" time control per turn.

Comment

I dare say it, Black and White 2 sounds just perfect for what you want.

I bought the game, played it for 2 hrs, never went back.

Two days ago, I was very bored, and had about 5 hours to kill, so I checked to see if there was a patch for B&W2, that would get rid of the annoyances, and there was, so I installed the patch, and began a new game; and now that I am on the 4th island, I am finally enjoying it. It is really fun to build massive cities and massive armies, then wipe everyone out.

And the pet, well, thats more of a 'something else to do' feature.
          be free

Comment

I'm enjoying Morrowind at the moment, which probably doesn't fit with your requirements.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
              Yup, Civilization IV would be ideal. It's actually pretty fast-paced now that all of the useless micromanagering has been eliminated, try playing small maps with a "quick" gameplay setting, simultaneous moves and a "tight" time control per turn.
              how do you do simultaneous moves? Or is that only multiplayer?

Comment

Guild Wars but you will need internet for that
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

how do you do simultaneous moves? Or is that only multiplayer?
                  Yes. I somehow thought he was asking for mp-based games

Comment

Threads like this make me laugh.

The image of a morbidly obese Roman emperor comes to my mind. Bored with the grapes being fed into his mouth, he petulantly announces he wants something new. His servants dash about trying to please his very narrow criteria, but nothing is good enough. In the end the Emperor knows exactly what he wants, and orders his servants to comply.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Ehm... lol
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Vampire: the eternal struggle card game.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Not many SP games are vs humans.

My vote is another for Civ4. You can play comparison games and learn how to deal with being owned by me.

Comment

Re: Recommend me a good game.

Originally posted by Zero
                            So I've been playing alot of these SP focused games for both console and PC and I'm getting more and more disappointed by the qualities of these games.
                            To help us advise you, which console(s) do you have?

Comment

I have all the consoles.

B&W2 + civ4 is actually good and fits my criteria for wat im looking for. Can you play agst or with humans in b&W2? Like LAN setup maybe? anyway i ended up buying both.

anyway both of those games has lot of info to absorb so its gonna take awhile to enjoy it. In B&W2 im stuck in where you exile to the norse land. It says build your town and all but i cant seem to build anything except houses.

Guild wars: Well thats what id like to play. along with WoW... but no internet.....

DrS, Civ is probably the only MP game where i wont be smacktalkin here...

I need starcraft2... *groan
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X