Children of the Stars Project Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children of the Stars Project Thread

I've already begun work on a story based around a group of Spartans and Believers in the early years of the Unity scattering who discover the first monolithic ruin and become trapped deep inside its mazes. What follows is an ordeal to escape the ancient traps and mind worms that have infested the place. But only one group can survive. Think Alien vs Predator movie as its based along similar lines. Anyway, i wanted to work on this idea of how it is the monoliths toughen units up. Its a short story for now with the possibility of further chapters i think but i'm not going to hang around with the idea once its complete as i have plans to begin a backstory to a new faction i'm starting to create which is based as a splintercell of Yang's orginal group. I've created this thread so that i can post thoughts and ideas here and hopefully get opinions as i progress.
    Last edited by Dygash; November 28, 2005, 06:24.
    There is always a beginning...

Ok so i've began the faction creation with Acredit 2.0 which seems to be an awesome program, i haven't seen my results yet but the layout is extremely user friendly with only a few options a little bizarre, such as the option between:

F Singular
    M Singular
    F Multiple
    M Multiple (not multiple but cant remember the word lol)

Anyway the faction is based around the backstory i've started laying out plans for; based around a young woman called Nayla Yang, Yang's biological daughter. Not through sexual intercourse but grown in a gene-tank. No other DNA is used, through genetic manipulation so she is the female counterpart of Yang. A child who is to grow up in a world where her only principles are Aethism, Servitude and Thoughtcontrol. But like Yang she doesn't stay an underdog for long.

Let me know any thoughts and opinions you have. As the factions creation advances i'll start posting the info. And i have some strong ideas on how to differ her faction from Yangs whilst preserving the same underlying principle of the Hive. More soon...

Also more soon on the monolith story (still untitled)...

Comment

Just wanted to state my support for your effort. This forum might be a bit silent, but rest assured, there are many expecting readers around.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

thanks, i have finished the first chapter of the the Spartans V Believers story but it needs another chapter now, i think it will keep going that way lol. Its definatly not what was expecting to write as its turned into a very comical action piece, well serious situation but comical main character. The more serious i make the situation the more comical he becomes but he's slightly philosophical so at least it levels the story out a little. I'll post chapter one on monday hopefully.

Comment

well this weekends session went better than expected. I have come up with a title. The story is now called 'Secrets of the Sixth Manifold' and is based 9 years after the Unity crash. However i consider the crash a HUGE part of the story as those conditions really create the characters of this story. There will be alot of references in it and in chapter one there is a reference to a future story i've come up with. See if you can spot it, the only clue i'll give you is 'Unity'. I also steamrolled ahead and finished chapter two as well as structured the entire story into five chapters. Hopefully i'll start work on chapter three any day now but the fact that chapter two's done means i can take a little break till i release the second story on wednesday. Gotta have some time for peeps to build up anticipation after all (if they like the first chapter). Alpha Centuri has really woken up my writing spark and has actually helped me over come a block i was facing on a novel (completely seperate project) i've been working on.

You'll notice as part of the series title "Children of the Stars" as i am going to do several projects in the Alpha Centuri universe and fear i may overlap some of the previous fiction (theres so much of it that i've barely read a fraction of it all) written by fans, to prevent animosity in case this happens Children of the Stars represents my own fiction of Alpha Centuri in no way relating to any other work except for the official two background stories on the firaxis homesite. I hope you enjoy what i post and i'd appreciate any feedback postive or 'constructive' negative comments.

Comment

Disappointed that the swearwords were blocked (it was not for a vulgar purpose that such words are used, as they are common language now, for example i could use victorian language (one word which we use now would be a whole paragraph) to express the exact same feelings). Naturally i'm disappointed but for those of you who would like to see the text in 'full' i have enclosed an attachment of it. Feedback would be really appreciated and i'll post part two on wednesday.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dygash; November 28, 2005, 06:15.

Comment

Great stuff!

Downloaded the link and loved it!! Good work! Love the image of the pod being draged around behind at more than top speed with the guy behind hanging on for dear life. Was a great "hey mom watch this" moment. Keep up the good work!
              A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Thread renamed per intentions of the poster.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

i am such a dufus, i dont have net access at home so i rely on my college to get net access and it was closed all last week and i forgot the week before. I will post part 2 in a min and part 3 tomorrow.

Comment

Wow, part one is great! Now I wonder what really was in that supply pod, but I guess we´ll never know...
                    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                    Let me eat your yummy brain!
                    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

What can I say? I am neglectful and malignant in my duties as a writer and more importantly as a fanfiction writer, people liked my work and I failed to carry on even though I did after the lawsuit threat, then I stopped. Well over all this time dramatic changes in my life and i just finished hitchhiking across 17 countries through europe and now I am back and settled. Watch this ma, I'm just gonna go write chapter 3, it'll be up in a few hours. Great to be back? Hope you missed me :P

Comment

Working...
                      X