I really have a hard time choosing from the Religion civics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really have a hard time choosing from the Religion civics

I can't find an overwhelming reason to use one over the other. (Maybe there AREN'T any overwhelming reasons?)

When i was gung-ho about getting my state religion to all my cities in the early game, i'd use Organized Religion for the +25% build bonus.
    But then i wonder if i was missing the +100 Great Person bonus from Pacifism? (i know... Pacifism is bad if you're going to war...)
    But then i wonder, since i'm so tech-oriented, if i should switch to Free Religion and get the beaker bonus? Is it even that big of a bonus to pass up the Pacifism perks?

Maybe i should play as Gandhi again, so i can switch all the time?

If I have a predominant religion in a lot of my cities, that build bonus is hard to pass up. If I have multiple religions in a lot of cities, then Free Religion is pretty much a given once it's available.

Haven't used Pacifism yet... and I thought I was a builder!
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Another good choice for a peaceful player is Pacifism. No civic maintenance cost plus 100% great people birth rate for every city in your state religion. (It does increase unit support costs)

A warmongler will probably like Theocracy for the increased free units plus 2 free XP points.

I like organized religion best when it's first discovered for the +25% production bonus and ability to build missonaries without Monstaries. It does feature a high civic cost, so if your empire grows to large, it will become unaffordable.

And yes, Free Religion is best with multiple religions in a lot of cities. Its also benifital if your offical religion wasn't the same as your neighbors and your not wanting a war but conversely if all your neighbors had your state religion, it might not be a good idea to switch to Free Religion.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I probably use Pacifism the most of all. I take it over free religion for the late game in most cases.

Comment

Working...
        X