Problem with the size of Civ IV map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the size of Civ IV map

I got this really weird problem, when i select a "large" map when i start a new game, it would automatically be a small map. Even if I put it on huge it would give me a small. When i first played Civ IV it wasn't like that, large map meant a large map, but now its a small map no matter what size i put it. Is this a strange bug? I've tried reinstalling the game but it still doesn't work.

My specs:
    3ghz intel pentium 4
    1gb ddr-dual channel ram
    9800pro AIW
    Asus p4p800-E deluxe

The minimap starts zoomed in to reflect how little your civilization knows of the actual size of the world. As you explore, the minimap zooms out. Discovering the Calendar tech or building the Stonehenge wonder fully zooms out and centers the minimap. IOW, that's how it's suppossed to work.

(That you're actually playing on a large (or small, or huge) map can be verified. Go into the Worldbuilder. On the second row of icons, the fifth one from the left is the Reveal/Unreveal Tiles icon. Click that; you'll see two icons, one of which reveals the entire world map. Exit the world-builder, and now you can see the entire world and verify its size.)
    Attached Files
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
    X