A question about the diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the diplomacy

Starting a new game I, thanks to my charming creative german leader pressed (culturaly, of course) Roozvelt and stole his 2 elephant sites. So he declared war and lost 20 units untill they were busy pillaging my 2 farms and 2 camps. So I offered him to "bury the hatchet" and was very suprised to see he accepted the offer and added 320 golds to sweeten the deal. Without asking for anything from my side! Now that was stupid, but my question is other: He accepted a 10 turns peace. What this means? I thought after 10 turns the war will proceed, but after 10 turns I got a msg "The peace deal with Roozvelt was canceled", but we proceeded to be in peace.
    So what actually this means: "Peace for 10 turns"?

The 10 turn peace treaty is unbreakable for those 10 turns. Had you tried the old Civ3 trick of getting concessions from an AI for peace, then finishing them off the next turn, you would have seen that. Also, if gold per turn is part of your agreement, then that gold is only handed over for the 10 turns after the agreement.

Once the 10 turns are up, you or your opponent are allowed to declare war again, and any gold per turn stops changing hands.
    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Working...
    X