Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiplayer behind a router - Only one can play online at a time!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer behind a router - Only one can play online at a time!?!?

I have a router/dsl modem in one... so of course to the outside world my LAN only has one IP. When I try to connect to gamespy or direct IP of course only one person behind my router can connect or it crashes. I have tired being the host, and forwading the ports... I tried putting one machine on the DMZ and hosting... but there is no NAT setting in my router (yay propitary - D-Link DSL-604+) so each of us can have our own IP.

Any help so we can play MP with the world with more than one of us at a time?

This has plagued me since the CIVNET.

Except this router I cant customize
    "I had rather be first in a village than second at Rome."
    Julius Caesar

Hello, im an aussie and you have possably read the forum for our aussie game... well i think we may have a similar issue going on where somone is loggin in with a unconfigured router and having ppl after that not being able to join. i dont know why i havent seen there phisical connection but it must be some kind of port issue but as to what i dont know if anyone else has had the problem and has gotten around it i would be interested to know how
    WOOT i AM the g0d of 1337.....

Comment

LOL! My roomate (from Brisbane) just flipped when she saw where you are from :-), I think she is missing home now

I can get online no problem to play, any number of people on my LAN can play. But no more than one inside to outside can play (its cuase the router only shows one IP I guess).

Its annoying, cuase there are about 10 friends of mine who play, and my roomate and I have to take turns as to who plays online cause we cant both play online at the same time.... Its darn annoying!
      Julius Caesar

Comment

sweet brisbane is nice well hey what kinda network setup do u have is it a shared dorm network?
        WOOT i AM the g0d of 1337.....

Comment

Civ IV allows you to set the port that you are going to use. Try using different ports for each copy of the game.

Bh

Comment

BH is correct. Check for your port setting in the INI and increase it by one.
            Friedrich Psitalon
            Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
            Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by wraith676
              sweet brisbane is nice well hey what kinda network setup do u have is it a shared dorm network?
              Nah... House in Canada, we work out here.

:-)
              Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by Bhruic
                Civ IV allows you to set the port that you are going to use. Try using different ports for each copy of the game.

Bh
                Ill give that a try... almost seems... TO simple.

Illl let you know (off to work ATM)

Thanks
                Julius Caesar

Comment

Working...
                X