hip hip hooray! for AGGRESSIVE AI:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hip hip hooray! for AGGRESSIVE AI:

Played my first game with aggressive AI- and i must say I like it much better. Even on Noble level.

Turned off the spaceship victory (for the first time EVER in a civ game for me) and that made the game more fun too.

The Romans went after the Russians and I stood by as I wasn't Russion.

The Romans slapped the Japanes and I stood by as I wasn't Japanese.

The Romans slapped me and I got cocky and thought - that little invasion was it? I moved from defensive into his lands and pillaged a bit then HORDES of ROMAN LEGIONS and KNIGHTS came over the hills and pushed us back and took two cities... I took them back and barely held on for dear life... then peace...

Then they tried again- this time I knew only to go defensive and send a small force behind his lines to pillage. That war worked out OK.

But then the CRAZY AZTECS (+16 relations) decided they'd had enough of their little corner of the world in the jungle and came at me with Infantry to my Riflemen- total defensive jungle warfare and then stalemate once I had Cavalry up and running. But then the Romans came BACK!

Peace with the damned aztec traitors... and:

This time the Romans mass invaded right off the bat- took a town on the border and held it forever until I miraculously out teched them to artillery and infantry and pushed them back.

They took a BIG city on a flanking front- RRRRG! Took that back. Realized that this was going to be a Dan Quayle game of just holding on for dear life until someone else won!

I managed a bad peace agreement but felt like Chamberlain: PEACE in our times! But HALF my country was pillaged to barren terrain... OMG... so sad, the carnage- no bananas (for breakfast), no silk (for the vast panty manufacturing plants), no Corn (for the movie theatres)...

Then I remembered the only way to win was by dominance, military or culture- it was going to be long and hard.... And the Aztecs just built BROADWAY! Here I am just getting infantry up and going.

I surrendered to the Romans. You can't deny greatness when it hits.

next time I will be prepared. I made some interesting tactical and strategic errors and was owned for them.

YAY!

I'm surprised that the Roman AI doesn't wipe off the entire world right at the beginning of the game, when it's praetorian against archer
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

They tried (remeber they drop kicked the Russians early on).... but it was a Terra map so there was just a plain lot of land to cover. They had easily 2x the landmass of any other civ but mine- more cities than me by 2x but I had a lot of culture....

Couldn't win them over with poetry though.

Another intersting thing was they were a land-locked nation doing this- so their tech was beginning to suffer (low trade) and others were outpacing them, but the hordes... the HORDES just kept coming!! BWAAA!

Comment

here is agressive too

I had to laugh, until he never stopped coming
        Attached Files
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
        X