Scroll with mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll with mouse

Hi all, I have 2 questions for my first post here :-)

1) I don't know what I did, changed or modified but yesterday I was able to scroll map when simply moving my mouse in the edge of screen and now, it just stopped working. I now have to click on mini-map to scroll the map or press both mouse buttons and drag map. Help !

2) Is it possible to configurate/customize my keyboard shortcuts? I didn't find the option in option menu.

Thanks in advance.

Stogramu.
    Stogramu sinon rien !

As far as I can tell, there's no way to adjust the key commands.

Did the scrolling issue persist after restarting Civ/playing a different game?

Comment

ok for adjusting keyboard commands.

regarding the mouse scroll, I didnt try to launch a new game... I will try and revert soon.
      Stogramu sinon rien !

Comment

Well, I just tried to launch a new game but I have the same situation: when moving Ms. Mouse to the edge of the screen, nothing happens. She really sucks ... I really don't know what keys combination I hit to achive such a rotten configuration but I think I did something ... the only one thing I changed was to run the game in windowed mode but the mouse was still working after this initial change... my problem started later on. I think I hit a key or combination keys by mistake but can't find the "unlock key" ....

pleeeaaaase help me :-)

and if someone finds a way to change standard keyboard shortcuts, pls be welcome to say how ! I'm a keyboard fanatic ans i'd like to adjust keys...

thx
        Stogramu sinon rien !

Comment

You're not using windowed mode, are you?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I believe there is a setting in the ini file where you can specify whether you want to allow mouse scrolling in windowed mode.

Comment

Found it:
              ; Allow Mouse Scrolling in Windowed mode
              MouseScrolling = 0

You should set this to 1, if you played windowed mode.

Comment

I AM using windowed mode ... do you think it could be the cause of my problem? but I am nearly sure the problem started long time after I switched to windowed mode. Should i make the test to switch back to full screen mode ??? my first experiece in win mode was enjoyable ! I would have remarked such an issue.

BTW I will make the try to switch back to full screen mode.
                Stogramu sinon rien !

Comment

Guess you missed my post when writing your response

Comment

Hey Lucilla !! this sounds good !

----------
                    "Found it:
                    ; Allow Mouse Scrolling in Windowed mode
                    MouseScrolling = 0

You should set this to 1, if you played windowed mode."
                    ----------

I'm gonna try right now ! i keep you in touch to confirm the fix !
                    Stogramu sinon rien !

Comment

Excellent tip!

Btw... How do I play in windowed mode?
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Also in the ini file:
                        ; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
                        FullScreen = 1

Comment

Well, curiously it works now but only on horizontal scroll !!! LOL

Anyway, thanks Lucila ! this was a good move forward ! (and yes, i didn't get your message in my previous reply as you coreectly understood!!!)

BTW, any idea why i can horizontally scroll and not vertically ?????

:-) i really start to find it funny now ! ;-)
                          Stogramu sinon rien !

Comment

ok, good ! and what about the possibility to customize keyboard keys ?
                            Stogramu sinon rien !

Comment

Have a look at
                              C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Interface\CIV4InterfaceModeInfos.xml
                              Looks promising, but I didn't try to modify it myself.
                              I believe, if you put your own copy of that file into
                              C:\Documents and Settings\{your userid}\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml\interface
                              it will use that instead.
                              Last edited by Lucilla; November 13, 2005, 16:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X