Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can see London, but I can't see Paris...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see London, but I can't see Paris...

Seriously, take a look on this. There's no Paris. In fact, there's no French Capitol at all... Nothing on the other side of map, too. See the save.

Weird...

Another dumb question, for sure. Just like my other recent thread ... I apologize by that.

Btw, how can we find a city on the map?

<----- the save (zip)
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

It probably got razed by a conquering army and the French hadn't had time to build another palace.

Comment

I thought the AI, and maybe the player, got a palace for free if it lost its capitol.
      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
        I thought the AI, and maybe the player, got a palace for free if it lost its capitol.
        They do. Or, if they don't get a free palace, at least the seat of government is automatically shifted (resulting in a "starred" population count on your next-largest city). Very strange. Perhaps you can't see it since you haven't updated your map of the region since Paris was razed?

Comment

wow i wish my games would give map like that
          i generally use archipeligo so i can get some nice islands and even then they are all close together

what settings did you use to get that ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Ab-
            wow i wish my games would give map like that
            i generally use archipeligo so i can get some nice islands and even then they are all close together

what settings did you use to get that ?
            That's a good point. I hadn't looked at it earlier, but that is a really nice map. I'd be interested in knowing the exact settings as well, but my guess is that it's a huge custom continents map with a bunch of continents.

Incidentally, I used World Builder to take a look, and Paris does exist, you just haven't found it yet. But with your spy on the island, that shouldn't take too long.
            Last edited by Byelotsar; November 7, 2005, 02:14.

Comment

It's a huge map, continents, everything else is ramdom, except by that. Chieftain level (yep, my first Civ IV game! )

Thanks for the info!
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
              X