No announcement yet.

Momentum-Hybrid-Builder Challenge Game#1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and on a seperate topic I am changing my name in this game to Buddha, it is what my screenname normally is but I changed it here because I was informed someone thought it was offensive to Buddhists..

Comment

NICE! it works even though im on a mac

turn to joer

id be lieing if i said i didnt like my start

please send the e-mail adresses when you send the turn, it makes it much eisier

Comment

nm all that

[This message has been edited by Qualiciide (edited May 10, 2000).]

Comment

I got a zipped .txt file from Qual. I tried loading both the .txt file and the same file renamed as .sav, but neither were accepted by the game.

Qual, please resend.
          -joer.
          ---

(Curiously enough, the diplomatic talk does show up, even muddled, in the .txt file when loaded in an editor. Good thing I decided to write seperate emails beforehand anyways. )

Comment

Arrrrrg. Jo, please read my e-mail if you get this before you play your turn.

Comment

grr meybe being on a mac will complicatethings after all, resent

Comment

Resending didn't help. Grrrr!

It might be something with the fact that it's a MAC. All other save files I have received had the .sav ending, this one had .txt. Renaming it didn't help, Alpha Centauri simply didn't understand it.
                -joer.

Comment

Never mind my complaining. It did work, after all.

However, it did not help against my awful starting position. We aren't playing on an arid planet, are we?

Turn sent to Basil.
                  -joer.

Comment

MY 2102 to Garth. (some hours ago actually).

I have tentatively named my leader "Lady Morgaine" (wanted the name to fit the picture reasonably well).
                    [This message has been edited by Basil (edited May 12, 2000).]

Comment

Turn to UoP.
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Turn sent to Morganites.
                        "This world is indeed fascinating. Look there students, there lies the alien ocean. It's contents very different than earth's, yet it's molecular structure identical."

---Acadamician Prokhor Zakharov, lecture notes.

Comment

2 -> Qualiciide

The fact that this map is rather unbalanced since each person has a drastically different start location gives more strength to the true nature of the debate. If every hybrid needed a perfect start to do well then that mean that strategy is not as practical.

However if Qualiciide AND Garth start in the jungle..

Comment

to joer

im going to reiterate this again, when you send the turn to the next player, please send the e-mail adresses with it, it makes it much easyer to send it out

how would that make it unfair enigma?
                            [This message has been edited by Qualiciide (edited May 13, 2000).]

Comment

To Basil.

Wow, how did you find that out, Enigma? Or does that 'if' indicate you really don't know?

Unfair is a hard word. However, totally unbalanced and favoring a particular group describes the situation well.
                              I always thought the jungle has, the way it's defined, a very unbalancing effect.

But, hey, can't blame somebody for having luck on their side. So, enough with the whining...;-)

Qual: I just make an shortcut entry for the next person I need to send it to in my address book. I don't think the whole address list is needed (though I can forward it, if Basil thinks it's neccessary).

Comment

2103 to the Executioner.

Comment

Working...
                                X