No announcement yet.

Momentum-Hybrid-Builder Challenge Game#1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why getting SMACx would take Qual out of the game. But we can restart if you wish. There hasn't been enough turns to really matter if this one is scrapped. Hell, I would volunteer to play both of the momentum players
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Well, folks, here are my ideas to set up a new game, in order to make sure that the game keeps on moving and everybody is informed about it:

- Each turn has to get posted. If a player is unable to post to the Apolyton forum, he has to notify all other players via mail that he sent the turn off.
      - Each turn has to be played and mailed within 24 hours after the last turn got posted/mailed.
      - If one player does not play the turn within 24 hours, the pact partner plays the turn in his stead, then mails it to the next player. That means that pact partners have to know the password of each other, so they can substitute each other. Also, the saved file gets always sent to both the next player and his pact partner.
      - If a player misses out twice on playing his turn in time without prior notification or explanation, he may be replaced by another player without warning.
      - Each player has to agree to these conditions and has to post/mail his agreement and affirmation that he wants to play the game within 24 hours of the start of the game in order to avoid lags at the start, early dropouts or people who signed up without being really interested.

I think that covers the essentials of what I had in mind. Yes, I know it sounds restrictive and harsh and fascist and all that, but, folks, lets face it: With 6 people, the game is going to be slow no matter what. Nonetheless, I would really like to get somewhere in this game before Xmas. A little dedication and adherence to those rules is IMO the only way to get there.

Any comments? Do we have 6 people who want to play under such conditions?
      -joer.

Comment

Having read the afore mentioned information, I concur and would be willing ot partake in next game.
        ---Aardvark

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

So if you notify everyone that you are going away for a few days that's ok? Other than that everthing looks good.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Well, what I had in mind was that, if you notify everybody that you are going away for a few days, you either choose a replacement yourself or your pact partner takes over automatically for that time. With six people, the chances that somebody will always be away and stalls the game is too high otherwise.

But if it's rare/short enough, we can also agree in individual cases to just wait.

Notifications in advance won't lead to permanent replacements, though.
              Sounds ok?
              -joer.

Comment

BTW smacx still hasnt arrived yet , so i can play 1 last turn if nigma sends it off

Comment

Qual--why can't you keep playing this game after you get Smax? YOu can choose if the game you play is a Smac or SmaX game. I'm in several of both types of pbem games... Tig

Comment

Whoever is interested in staying in this game, please email me. Its clear we have at least one weak link that needs to be removed if this game is going to survive.

Tig

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X