Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blazing games, Duel Sized maps for teams, OCC Games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazing games, Duel Sized maps for teams, OCC Games...

Hello MP community

This is my first post on the Apolyton forums alltogether, I've been following them since civ 3 but have never felt the need to make a post. Now, however I will make a post about my personal preference when it comes to multiplayer games and I'm also hoping to find a kindred spirit or two in the process!

Topic kind of says it; I've been trying out different map sizes and game settings for the past days and have come to the conclusion that the games I most enjoy are those that have the turn timer set on Blazing!, take place on a duel-size map and preferably have 4 players playing. OCC is just frosting on the cake. Normal turns, no quick or epic.

Haven't found any other gameform that'd be as intense as a 2v2 Blazing! on a duelsized Great Plains. It's a constant struggle for the entire duration of the game, which rarely exceeds 30 minutes (my longest was 55 minutes)

Second was when I first tried a OCC game. It was an FFA that took place on a tiny Great Plains map and lasted for 3,5 hours. Ended on 2005 AD and had a whole bunch of twists and turns, and was generally very entertaining.

Why am I making this post, you may ask now?

I've found that people aren't that much into these game settings and I'd like to contact you through this forum if there are any players who are into any of the settings I've mentioned above. It's a definite bonus if you're from Europe, but I'm sure games could be arranged even with American gamers. Personally I'm from Finland.

So, feel free to leave in your comments and whatnot and let's see if we can get the Blazing! / Duelsize Team / OCC FFA Games going!
    "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."
Working...
X