Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Open borders but enemy units on my lands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Open borders but enemy units on my lands...

Hi,
    couldn't find it reported already but something really strange is happening in my game right now:

I have no open border agreements. Still there's an Incan unit moving on my lands as if we had one! It's a Quechan or so - their replacement of the warrior. And it's extremely high level - Level 4 it seems...

Ideas?

Serge

Check on F4 and see if you are at war. If not post a save.

Comment

They just started a war. Did not the game say that if you landed in another Civ's territory without Open Borders, you hare just started a -- War!

Unless the Incas want a -- call -- from you just to amuse you with what the Leader is doing.

Comment

ive had the same thing happen , im not at war but another civ's unit is moving in my territory
        =*=Kill Quick Live Long=*=

Comment

I've seen that happen once so far. Hit the turn button and he was forced out. Not sure how it happened to begin with since it wasn't a captured city or anything like that.
          "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Did a border expand around him during the turn?

Comment

nope... not at war. That's what I was guessing too.

Hitting the turn button didn't help either, the guy actually moved around in my territory for a few turns. Unfortunately I just gave up - was in a horrible position anyway - and have no savegame.

Well, seems to be a bug others encountered as well... If it happens to me again I'll post the savegame.

Serge

Comment

just happened again... enemy troops on my territory without open borders. sure they declare war the very next turn but they shouldn't have gotten there in the first place.
                Attached Files

Comment

Normally it works like this:

You have open border; your troops stand infront of your neighbour's capital; you declare war; your troops are immediately forced back to your terrain.

You have no open border; you get a border expand; troops of other players are immediately pushed back behind the new frontierlines.

So I guess, that the wandering Inka is not meant to be there.

Example: Once I had open borders and became more and more pissed about dozens of aimlessly wandering warriors/explorers/spearmen of some underdevelopped AIs. I cancelled the open border agreement and all were pushed out of my country in the same second.

Comment

yeah, I know this but for some reason it doesn't happen in all cases.

Comment

After all I observed so far it happens only if the other civilization had no prior contact to your civilization, i.e. if this unit within your borders was the reason why the first contact to the other civilization was established.
                      It seems like this unit is then able to move freely within your cultural borders like it had an open borders treaty until it leaves them (afterwards it wouldn´t be able to reenter them as long as you haven´t established open borders to the civ).

I think, that the calculations (war/peace/open borders) only start after establishing contact to a civilization and that any unit already present within your borders prior to first contact isn´t part of these calculations until it leaves your borders.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                        After all I observed so far it happens only if the other civilization had no prior contact to your civilization, i.e. if this unit within your borders was the reason why the first contact to the other civilization was established.
                        Interesting idea - I didn't check for that but don't think that was the case here. Actually I'm not sure this should be possible at all: If I establish a new city and there's a unit within the new borders, the unit is being pushed away. If my borders expand the same happens. So in theory there cannot be an unit on my territory without open borders. This is quite annoying because in the first case this was a Level 4 unit which easily eliminated every defender I was able to build.

Comment

How do you not get prior contact without getting itnot the border? As soon as a unit is in spotting range of the city, OR if I am wandering around and see the border of anthour city, I get into contact with the leader.

You always seem to be into contact with the other leader about 1(or is it 2) tiles away from the border before the unit can into the borders, so I don't think your reason of thinking can be correct.

I can be wrong but I always noticed this so I don't think that a unit can get into the other person's borders without contact being made.

Comment

Anyway, in CIV 4 the behaviour of other troops is much better than in all other CIVs, where my main task was, to contact leaders and ask them to remove their troops. Sometimes they did, just to send them back and make them aimlessly running around for another time.

In CIV 4 they seem to be able to respect treaties and borders.

Comment

Working...
                            X