No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind winxp defaults to hidden extentions.

Comment

Ah. Ok. Cool
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I can see where I'll be but for some reason depending on who I pick the map is cut a particular spot and I don't get to see the whole thing. Weird.

Comment

You have to go to the world editor. You can get to it right within the game. In the upper right there is the icon for the civilopedia and another one to its left for save, load, quit, etc. In there is an option for "open worldbuilder". Click that and you can see the entire map.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Nope something is still funky. I was in the world editor hitting reveal all tiles, but I was still bounded to only viewing the portion of the map around the starting civ I chose......

Comment

Then try giving that civ all the tech. That might help expand the map.

Comment

wow !! i lose my mind and find it again and see that civ 3 is dead and civ 4 has arrived..

this is amazing..

i guess i will now need to find a store that has a copy and see if i can get it work on my now aging computer.

i will be coming back here t oread the HISTORY of the World in 3D...
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

My time zone is inaccurate on poly by 1 hour, there is only 30 mins between my and deity's time not 90 mins, so that means that the game can be advanced by an hour for most people, if my availability was the limiting factor

Comment

Raz! Howdy Get that game. I'm sure we'll need some subs and always need a good audience. We need to rebuild the popularity of this game. Hopefully once this gets going we could even get another game running concurrently.

Trev - I don't think we can go much earlier because of Frank's work schedule. So we're probably going to go an hour later and hope that works for Ljube.

So things we need to do:

1. Everyone needs to confirm their civ pick.
                    2. Everyone needs to confirm they can make the above playing tim.
                    3. I need to finish the map/resource balancing
                    4. We need to decide when we are starting the game.
                    5. We need to start promoting the game in the forum more so we can bring in some new faces both to read & sub

I'm the Indians, I can make 9.30 or 10.30 pm on Saturdays, I can start this Saturday.

Comment

I'm really not sure exactly what to expect about my working hours. I believe that most of the later hours should come on friday evenings, since prime time for my job on the weekend proper tends to be more in the afternoon. I should know better later this week. If I can confirm I won't be working later than 6pm my time, we might consider moving the start earlier rather than later.

As far as our civ picks I'm fine with the location options. Depending on who exactly we get I'll pick exactly where soon. But Its going to be quite a bit west of where the game puts the mongolian.

Also about civ traits. Being a diplomacy game, being an expansive/aggressive civ may not be exactly what my neighbors have in mind. Are we going to pick our traits?

Let's start this coming saturday if Capo is back.

Comment

Frank your link in signature doesnt work.

Damn if i buy the game i will need to set up my computer too. it stil in boxes after moving last time.

Oh well.

You guys are a great team this will be interesting reading .
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I get my computer upgraded either thurs or fri. I think I'm gonna need more that one day of playtime before starting a diplo game.

So if the start is this Sat I'd probably pass. Next Saturday I would probably be in - unless of course I hate the game

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
                            I'm really not sure exactly what to expect about my working hours. I believe that most of the later hours should come on friday evenings, since prime time for my job on the weekend proper tends to be more in the afternoon. I should know better later this week. If I can confirm I won't be working later than 6pm my time, we might consider moving the start earlier rather than later.

As far as our civ picks I'm fine with the location options. Depending on who exactly we get I'll pick exactly where soon. But Its going to be quite a bit west of where the game puts the mongolian.

Also about civ traits. Being a diplomacy game, being an expansive/aggressive civ may not be exactly what my neighbors have in mind. Are we going to pick our traits?

Let's start this coming saturday if Capo is back.
                            The map I attached (did you get it fully working?) did not have starting locations finalized at all. The start location for the Mongols on that was the original put there by the person who made the original map before me. I worked today on moving things around a bit, removing the excess players, giving the Mongols a better spot, moved around a few resources, etc. I still have much tweaking to do. Once I figure out who exactly will be playing, I'll finish it.

I ran a test game today, it was fun. The Russians and Romans ganged up on me though, the bastards. The Russians were the toughest in that game. I'll try a game as the Mongols next, to see how that works.

As for the traits, I'd prefer we don't pick them. That could seriously unbalance the game. Plus lead to a lack of diversity in the game. The Mongols have two leaders btw, Genghis Khan is Aggressive/Expansionist (expansionist isn't as weak as Civ3 btw), and Kublai Khan is Aggressive/Creative. Try some games with both and see if either could be good for you. If not, then I suppose we could move the Arabs up to Central Asia and call them the Turks.

Comment

Ah, when I loaded up the map it wouldnt let me pick between the leaders so I was wondering. I'm not experienced with either so I will have to try it out.

For my starting location I was thinking about the single patch of grassland on the river west of lake irkusk. Seems to balance between a russian and a chinese well.

I did get it working. Had to give out satilite to make it appear correctly.

Comment

Yea, exactly. That does the trick. I just played a bit with Kublai Khan, it was a harder difficulty than my game as India. It was interesting. The culture trait is pretty nice. I was crowding all my neighbors. Still though, the traits are fairly weak for a diplogame. Since you start with a more challenging spot in the first place, maybe we should allow some trait tweaking. Maybe stick with the Mongol leaders, but go for a kindler, gentlier Mongolia with a replacement for Aggressive. But to stop blatant picking, and to avoid unbalancing, you have to keep the other trait (either expansive or cultural) and limit the replacement for aggressive to a pairing that exists in another leader.

Barbs were a problem though, so perhaps we'll have to adjust the difficulty so you don't get burdened with barb attacks. On the other hand though it'd be good to have strong barbs to keep the Mali in check who, it seems, are going to have Africa to themselves. Maybe I could add a few myself in south Africa to be roadblocks. Or maybe add a barb city. I dunno. Though of course if you pick a trait, then maybe we should keep the barbs strong, since picking a trait is a powerful advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X