Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of Orion II mods: An overview

Master of Orion II mods: An overview

This is a list of all Moo2 mods I am aware of. Please add a comment when you know further mods. I will try to update this list.
    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

I have a few new map mods......

LordBrazen posted recently interesting data about the map generator in his modification forum . You can use this data easily to create your...

We have tested the orange mod in some games....seems to be more balanced.

Comment

Difficult Choice Mod b5

Details: http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2...icemod-b5.html

Some tables (click them to enlarge):

TechTable

TechChanges

RacePicks

Comment

Siron have you run into this on your forum:

Memory Corruption" val=2. shipid ==26912, owner==0 stardate=35000

I get this now when I try to open the ship leader interface. It happens regardless if I do anything beofre or not. I deleted the whole install and installed fresh, but no luck.

I have been using Moo2 on this system for a long time, never had any problems. I tried with or without Moslo.

Comment

I have never heard about this error message. (But this crash could be a CTD without error message on other hardware.)

But what version has this problem? 1.31 (dos or win), 1.4b23 or some mod? Or all versions?
          Have you started a new game after reinstall? Autosave could be corrupted.
          You mean the ship leader screen? Do you enter from leader or fleet screen?

I have observed some CTDs when you enter the fleet screen. A well known bug in 1.31 MP games was the CTD when you enter the leader screen and you had no ship. (Fixed by LordBrazen already.)

Some of his earlier 1.4 patches had some problem with this screen in combination with the noorion switch. But afaik that is also fixed since 1.4b19.

Comment

It is window version at 131. I was just looking at the colony andthenthe leader screen. I knew there coudl be no leaders as it was prewarp before I had even taken a turn.

It was fine with the colony leader screen, but dies on ship leader. It does not happen on my Win98 system as I tried it. Maybe it has been there all the time and I just never click on that screen prior to getting a scout.

I doubt that is the case, but I cannot swear to it. It is a no msg and straight to the desktop.

I have seen ctd's under a number of condition, usually with one planet or another. I guess I will try it with waiting until I get a ship.

Comment

I tried it with waiting until I got a scout up and it did not crash. So I am not sure if this has been this way for a long time or just since I got a new video card when civ4 came out.

Comment

Yes, prolly related to your new video card.

1.4 would fix the problem I guess.

Comment

Another update :

I.) Mod Idea a) I'm a little bit bored that more than 95% choose Unification. Uni is simply too strong in 1.31. Therefore this mod wants to ...

What's new in this betaversion?

There were still a few hangovers from old approaches to solve the morale and bombs problems of Moo2. Special thanks to Cabman who played this mod a lot and pointed out a few problems. I cleaned up a bit:

a) Missiles have their old 1.31 values now. Since I upgraded the planetary shields in DCb5 there is no longer a reason to reduce the missile damage generally.
                  b) Anti-matter Torpedoes have also an increased damage of 13 now. A flux shield and Shield Class V combination is enough to neutralize overloaded torpedoes then.
                  c) I liked Cybersaber's mod idea but Structural Analyzers were too attractive in the early tech field compared to EMG. A further reason why missiles where unpopular in DCb5. Nevertheless, I think it is possible now to tech SA in its old 1.31 techfield since there is an additional substitute for the cybercomp (mole and improved mole).
                  d) No longer early Powered Armor. Psionics moved up in b5 and so did Powered Armor now.
                  e) PPs of Robotic Factory are reduced to 100.
                  f) There is a new approach with respect to race pick costs. There are still up to 10 negative picks possible. But if you use them all there are up to 40 positive race picks you can spend now (instead of 20 picks in 1.31)

Some tables (click them to enlarge):

TechTable

TechChanges

RacePickScreen

RacePickOverview (positive picks are divided by 2)

Comment

Amazing to see work still being done, even though I never use mods in my games. I like to see what others are up to.

Comment

Thanks.....

sadly, this forum looks a bit inactive now.....btw....have u tried the sword of the stars demo already?

Comment

No, I am not very handy with 3d flying games like HomeWorld. I still have not gotten around to Heroes V.

Comment

Working...
                        X