Need help with custom faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with custom faction

I'm creating a faction for smac which is basically a faction of suicidal nanorobots that destroy eachother, AND everyone else, endlessly with nuclear weapons. Now, I don't have crossfire, so it's technically a "human" faction until I DO get alien crossfire.

The idea is to cause total wanton destruction.

Alrighty. the problem is, I can't get the starting-game stuff to work correctly--only parts of it are getting into the game. For example, in the social engineering table, I see only three pre-set social effects, not the seven I specified in the faction's text file.

Here's the file, so you can try it out and see what i'm talking about.
    Attached Files
    Be nice or I'll nuke you. ;)

Ummmm.

Does this faction have a point to them at all? Why would you want to make them work?

Comment

it is one of those "just for fun" factions.

Basically, I got the idea while playing SimEarth (the computer game version), and nanorobots somehow got sentient. Just for fun, I had them go to nuke warfare. A glitch in the game keeps the robots in the civilization timescale even though the robots get to skip ahead to the technology age, so the timerate remains at 10 year intervals. The benefit of that is that nuclear contamination clears up more quickly, so when nuke wars start among robot "civilizations" in simearth, they get to resettle the area that was only a few seconds ago was contaminated with nukes.

Plus, you've heard of those grey goo doomsday scenarios, right? This faction just takes that to the nuclear extreme. I even made a civ2 MGE scenario of it.

Comment

Huhh....

TECH, DigSent, TECH, Orbital, TECH, HAL9000, TECH, IndRob, FACILITY, 20, SOCIAL, --------PLANET, SOCIAL, ++++++++GROWTH, SOCIAL, ++++++++INDUSTRY, SOCIAL, ++++++++EFFIC, SOCIAL, ++++++++ECONOMY, SOCIAL, ++++++++RESEARCH, SOCIAL, ++++++++PROBE, MINDCONTROL, 0, IMPUNITY, Cybernetic, INTEREST, 80, POPULATION, -80,
        pretty extrem, isn't it . Well, I'll give it a try anyway.

Anyway, I think extrem is what we need most as there are a lot of "normal/realistic" custom factions out there (and most of the are pretty similar to other existing ones, too). But it just has to be "not too extrem".... we'll see how this one will work in some games .
        Greetings, H.Humpel

Comment

You can only have 8 members from a set of faction abilities (you can have any number of members from the other set). This restricted list is:

Specified free tech (TECH, Ecology)
          FACILITY
          FREEFAC (SMAX)
          UNIT
          SOCIAL
          ROBUST
          IMMUNITY
          IMPUNITY
          PENALTY
          FUNGNUTRIENT/FUNGMINERALS/FUNGENERGY
          VOTES
          REVOLT (SMAX)
          NODRONE (SMAX)
          FREEABIL (SMAX)
          PROBECOST (SMAX)
          OFFENSE (SMAX)
          DEFENSE (SMAX)

You are way over this limit.
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

So, what do you suggest I change/get rid of to better simulate the faction i'm trying to create?

Comment

Originally posted by PlutonianEmpire
              So, what do you suggest I change/get rid of to better simulate the faction i'm trying to create?
              1000000 ecs, +10 fung nutrients, Growth +6, Talents +A MILLION, starting tech: MMI.

As an intellectual exercise for everyone, what is the least number of traits you can think of to make an overpowered faction. Maybe we could even play them off against each other. "Cool" points will be awarded for creativity and not for Free facility: Ascent to Transcendance.

Comment

what's ecs?

Comment

Energy Credits
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                    As an intellectual exercise for everyone, what is the least number of traits you can think of to make an overpowered faction.
                    + a million fungus energy and minerals. Research to Treshold and build the Ascent in two turns.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maniac: Insane ecodamage? Get mindwormed on turn 5?
                      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Turn 5? I have transcended by then.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

How in the world do you do THAT by turn 5?!

Comment

Its great to see people are still making new factions settler. Respect to you. I am currently laying down some faction creation plans of my own, wanting to create something different (which naturally everyone does) and i'm writing a backstory so that the faction can be understood better. So would your faction be able to obtain planet buster tech pretty fast? Lol can you imagine in 60 years obtaining planet buster tech??? the Spartans would wet their pants.
                            There is always a beginning...

Comment

When I first created my plutonian empire faction, I literally handed the PB over to myself on a platter--gave it orbital spaceflight for one of the starting techs. Imagine the fun that would bring. lol

And yeah, it'd be nice to develop PB tech by 2160.

Comment

Working...
                              X