50th Birthday Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Birthday Present

I gotta get my father a 50th birthday present...don't really talk to him much so I have no idea what to get. Some of you are around this age so I was hoping to get some ideas. Thanks.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Any thing coming from the children or grand children is great : pictures, diploma, thesis, any kind of achievement in all sort of activities ...
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I would definitely have to second that emotion.

He isn't looking for materialistic things. Give him some of you.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Anything that allows you to spend time with him.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          Anything that allows you to spend time with him.
          Great Idea... you could always take him to a strip club
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Give him a grandchild. Old folks tend to like those.

Comment

Spending time isn't going to work...we live far away and we don't want to really see eachother.

Material things are good.

Thank you.
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Is he into wine, whiskey, or something like that? An expensivish bottle makes a good gift.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

photos are good, especially ones that remind them of their mortality
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

How about a photo of a stripper?
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

How about a photo of a you with a stripper holding a bottle of expensive whiskey - covers all your bases.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Something *material* please

Comment

for his 50th BD my mom got my dad a money clip made out of a Walking Liberty Silver Dollar. Pretty Kewl

the coin was from his birth year
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Seriously? You must know some of his interests. Try to get him something that works into that. Maybe a nice book on a subject he's interested in, or a couple of tickets to a football game if he's into that. Also depends on how much you're looking at spending, I suppose.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Wow! I'm older than your father

I dunno. When you reach fifty there's nothing you really really want materialistically (that a word?) anymore. And if I'm right in that you guys aren't really close I have no clue...

Edit: The coolest thing I got for my 50th birthday was an original newspaper (not a reprint) from that day. Well, actually from a day later since I was born on a Sunday. Of all the things I got that was the best. Made me feel sad actually, I noticed that nothing ever changes in the world. The news stays the same, only the names change...
                              Last edited by Hueij; November 2, 2005, 16:04.
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X