consolidated hints thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consolidated hints thread

I thought this board needed a single place for hints, tips and answers to FAQs and the like. Therefore, post your CivIV hints worth sharing here.

I'll start this off with some good ones stolen right from the game itself:
    • A good time to check for trading possibilities with another civilization is right after researching a new technology - shop around and see what you can get for it before others beat you to it!
    • Remember that you can build only two national wonders per city. Plan ahead: don't build both the Heroic and National Epics where you will one day want an Ironworks!
    • Press '\' to jump back to the last selected unit...
    • Press the middle mouse button to exit the city screen...
    • Hold down the [CTRL] key and spin the mouse-wheel to cycle through units on the same plot...
    • Hold down the [SHIFT] key to add items to the end of your city's build queue...
    • Hold down the [CTRL] key to insert items at the beginning of your city's build queue...

If this is a repeat topic, point me to the right one and I'll go bump it

I just found one. Wonderful little feature, but I'm not sure it wasn't implemented in Civ III and I just never found out.

It's actually possible to "queue" research. In the science screen, hold down the [SHIFT] key and click on the technologies you want to research, in order. You'll see a 1. , 2. and 3. appear in front of the name.

-------------------------------------------
    There is no teacher but the enemy.

Comment

- Hit F12 and go to Hints in the Civilopedia to see some good hints.

Comment

Working...
      X